"Look, I just want my meal. It not hard, even your psychotic friend could do it. Y'know, I didn't forget the whole gun to my head thing. He really is on a one way street to becoming just like his father." He smirked down at her, no doubt noticing how her face reddened and her jaw tightened in anger. He had nearly drowned her friend and had the nerve to criticize JJ for doing something about it? Topper had always looked down upon the pogues, never treating them as equals. And the comment about JJ's dad-- why would he bring Luke Maybank into the conversation? She found herself fuming with anger. It was unlike her. Generally she could turn the other cheek, but now she almost liked the anger that coursed through her veins. The thought of hitting Topper, or telling him off entered her mind. Just as Remi's mouth opened, the girl prepared to defend her best friend, a new figure walked into the dining room.

"Mr. Thorton." Her manager greeted with a toothy smile. A flash of anxiety coursed through the Elliot girl in a quick and strong wave. What if Paul found out? What if he knew that she swapped dirty money with what was in the safe? But as quick as her mind had began to race, she thought it over. Paul had no cameras in his office, she switched out the exact same amount, and she even had a reason to be in his office.

Paul was a poor excuse of a man.

Countless times, Remi had overheard him talking about the female employees or country club members in an 'unprofessional manner'. He was a rather short and pudgy man, who looked like he was waddling when he walked. His hair line receded so far back that only the hair on the sides of his head remained. His arm raised to wave to Topper as he made his way over, exposing the large sweat stain marking the underarm of his polo shirt. Often, Remi wondered how the club members seemed unbothered by Paul's demeanor, yet she assumed the rich loved and wanted to keep close anyone who kissed their ass. Paul shook Topper's hand. He smiled at the boy who stood proud, looking at Remi like he won. "How are the parents?" Paul questioned, completely ignoring Remi.

"Oh, good, good." The boy nodded, not forgetting to flash an overly pearly smile.

"Excited for summer, I assume? Will we be seeing more of you around here?" Paul always suckered up to the guests. Remi assumed he was compensating for something in his childhood, but of course, she couldn't be sure. His wife did leave him a while back, so perhaps that was it. She stood awkwardly as the two carried on conversation as if she wasn't standing right there.

"For sure, yeah." He assured.

"Remi." Paul shifted his focus within a split second, the girl raising her brows in anticipation. "Why aren't you helping this guest?" He smiled over at Topper. Remi was filled with confusion at his question.

"Because we're not serving guests?" She spoke it more like a question, thrown off by how different he was acting in front of a country club member. "You said so when I came in today."

"Oh, well. I think we can make an exception for one of our best members." The man chuckled, patting Topper on the back.

"He wants lunch and I'm not a cook. They're all taking stock or ordering more inventory." She brought up. It wasn't surprising that Paul had switched up what he was telling her to do.

"Remi." He smiled over to her, his eyes narrowing at the girl. "Go on, get his meal." He urged, not listening to his employee. No matter how much he tried, the man never intimidated her. He was just endlessly annoying, always sucking up to the members and throwing his own employees under the bus. For months, the grueling work days seemed to get harder and even Remi Elliott couldn't look at the situation through rose-colored glasses. The girl found herself fantasizing more often about storming out of the country club.

Remi listened to Topper as the boy rattled off a lunch order, trying her hardest to not roll her eyes right in front of him and her manager. She nodded her head, plastering on the best smile that she could manage.