22. {sexual electricity}

Start from the beginning

will paused, "mattie's dad, daniel."

"what about me, kid? you remember me?" hopper stepped forward as will shook his head, "they tell me you helped save me last night. you remember that?

"do you remember anything about last night? about what happened?"

"i remember they hurt me." will vocalised.

"you mean the doctors?" dr owens investigated.

"no, the soldiers."

"the soldiers hurt you?"

"they shouldn't have done that." will shook his head, "it upset him."

dr owens pulled out a copy of will's drawing, "you say, 'upset him'. is that him?"

will slowly nodded so dr owens stood up, "okay. okay, i wanna try something. it's gonna seem a little odd at first, but i think it's really gonna help us understand what's going on. is that okay?"

"okay." will muttered.

he and another doctor stepped outside. when they came back in, the other was rolling in a tray. on the tray was a box and in the box was a longer looking version of dart.

"now, will, i want you to just let us know if you feel anything. okay?" dr owens gave the signal to the man next to the tray.

he ignited his blow torch and brought it close to the slug, the creature let out a soft screech as will's monitor began beeping.

"do you feel anything?" dr owens bid.

"uh, l-little sting." will trembled.

"it stings?" dr owens asked as the flame got closer, "where?"

will grunted, "my chest."

"okay, son." dr ownes nodded.

"sweetie..."

"how about now?"

"it-it burns."

"are you okay?" mike whispered to tillly who was shivering.

"i thnk i'm getting a cold flash." she quivered.

"ah!" will yelled, "it burns."

"where?"

"everywhere!"

"that's enough! that's enough!" joyce yelled over will's screaming.

"stop! you heard her! that's enough!" hopper yelled.

"hey! turn that thing off." daniel ordered.

tilly concentrated on the flame, trying to make it go away or at least observe it, but for some reason, it froze over.

"what the-" bob asked.

daniel, hopper and mike turned to tilly who had cold blood dripping out of her nose.

"that's it! we're done!"

"okay." dr owens sighed as the monitor beeped rapidly.

"sweetie... sweetie. it's okay."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the trio trudged along the train tracks in silence. they were all throwing the raw meat onto the ground as bait.

"all right, so let me get this straight." steve spoke up, "you two kept something you knew
was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who-who you just met?"

"all right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." dustin sighed.

"she's not just some girl." slater pointed out, "she's cool."