Part 1 | Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

I felt a little awkward being exposed like this. In this dress with these guys? Dad would've dragged me by the neck and grounded me for the rest of my life. That's exactly why he should never know.

While they all conversed and while I try to avoid the girls' gazes, I find the guy sitting beside me staring and I decided to avert his attention.

"Hi, " I said loudly through the music and his eyes caught mine.

"Hey, I'm Andrew, " he finally introduced, biting his bottom lip while I accepted his hand. My guts turned at his disgusting manners but that's common play around here. I don't want to seem worse than I already do.

"So you're the girl Axel's been speaking about for a while huh?" He said while taking a hit on his joint. He tried to offer it to me but I instantly pushed it away.

"Suit yourself." He said.

Through the flashing lights, I finally got a clearer view of Andrew and I'd be lying if I said he didn't have potential at least.

He wore a white tee paired with some jeans and a pair of shades lay on top of his ginger head. A concept I could never comprehend. He smells of weed and beer while his eyes continued to fall to me and my body.

Pervert.

"I didn't know he spoke about me," I said just as he blew a cloud right to my face and I burst into a fit of coughs.

He laughs and so did Axel so I tried to conceal it again.

Well, if he's got the balls to talk about me to someone else, why won't he come say it to my face?

Are there any decent guys around here? Lately, all I've seen are drunk bastards and perverted guys in beach shorts.

"Hey, you, new girl, " I hear a girl call over through the smoke cloud and I try to look for her but couldn't.

"Are you blind? Over here!" She yelled through the music and I frowned.

Blind? And I thought the guys were bad.

"Yeah, that's right, I called you." I finally looked at her. A purple-haired girl wearing it in a short bob while her legs are propped up over someone else who I couldn't quite see.

"Do you wanna play?" She offered and I looked around and found that everyone looked at me with expectation and I bit on the inside of my cheek. Everyone laughed at my silence and I only grew more anxious like how the music grew louder.

Can't I at least have an introduction? I mean they know my name now thanks to Axel who hasn't even tried to speak to me once. Now I want to know their names. I can't be surrounded by them and not know their names. What if something bad happens? I would need to tell the police their names.

"Guys, she doesn't need to, " Axel finally speaks up and I roll my eyes.

I'm starting to realize that Axel isn't exactly who I thought he was.

"No, come on it's just a game." The girl moaned and I look over to Danica who only mouths a simple sorry to me. Is anyone here reliable? At all?

Finally finding my strength to speak up through the depths of my anxiety, I cleared my throat. "W-what game?" I stuttered and a few intrigued reactions sounded off in the group.

"Kiss and tell of course." She answered like it was so obvious and everyone cheered.

As a coping mechanism, my first reaction was to laugh. My skin is already crawling in embarrassment but apparently, it's not done yet.

"Something funny new girl?" She sassed and I bit my tongue.

Is it her habit to piss people off?

"No, it's just that, that game sounds stupid. And I have a name." I hit back without even thinking about it.

"Stupid?" She said. "You clearly haven't played this game have you, Evangeline?" She mocked my voice and I pursed my lips in frustration.

I opened my mouth to say something but like every other time, I was rudely interrupted again.

"She clearly doesn't know anything. She probably hasn't even kissed a boy yet." Said a soft tailed Italian accent from someone beside that girl and my anger only goes further.

"Excuse me?" I chuckled in utter frustration.

I see the guy shift from being so close to the girl to leaning forward, out of the shadows to face me.

"I said, " he said with his gravelly Italian voice, "I bet you've never kissed a boy before."

I looked at him in disbelief while everyone else cheered and laughed.