Part 1 | Chapter 3

Beginne am Anfang

Is this just what they do around here? Influence everyone on everything on-trend? I guess so. God, I'm way too clueless for this.

Finally, after a few more steps, we arrived in some kind of gigantic kitchen where there are surprisingly fewer people. The loud stench of alcohol filled my lungs and I almost choked like that guy leaning in front of the sink.

The lighting here is much better and I finally get to breathe. With the exception of my anxiety about this dress.

"Alright, so I'm about to meet with the rest. You don't have to come and you could stay here. I'll be back," Dani said for me to only notice the beer in her hand, and then I remember exactly why I came in the first place.

How chivalrous is it for the man who invited me to not meet me by the front doors?

"Wait, " I stopped her just in time before she disappeared into oblivion. "Is Axel gonna be there?" I shyly asked.

She scratches her head with a scheming look in her eyes and I cross my arms in discomfort. I can just feel people's eyes in my skin.

"Uh, obviously. Come on then, " she grabs my hand, and once again we are drowned into the crowd.

Every time another being comes into contact with me I flinch. With their sticky skin and wobbly feet, the last thing I want is to have an accident around here. Everyone is practically unconscious and being one of the few who isn't, seeing them at their worst isn't fun.

Then we come into what looked like the living room. The lights here were dimmer but more colorful. They danced around like an alarm system while the people in the middle sat around on a couch that I can barely see. Smoke came from them and it created a mist surrounding us. The smell just becomes worse.

"Hey, " Danica greeted with her party-high-pitched voice leaving me standing on the side while she mingled and sat with them. My first instinct, of course, was to cross my arms in protection.

Who wouldn't want protection when you're in front of femme fatal looking girls and tatted boys with haunting looks? They looked like people out of an apocalyptic film and I can't tell their personalities apart.

Greetings to Danica and Liam erupted while they took up the offer of a joint and still, I stood there while their attention slowly shifts to me.

Just their looks make me feel like I'm not supposed to be here in the first place.

And surprise, surprise, Axel finally sees me and his eyes traveled up and down my body before they bulged out in what I assumed is realization.

The realization that he's the reason why I am here and he's the one who decided not to give any diligence.

He hastily stood up from his seat, fixing himself like a mother just caught him playing with the wrong kids.

"Oh, guys," he says while walking up beside me and I feel my heart drop. "Meet Evangeline. Evangeline meets the rest." He gestured towards the others and he ladies started uttering to each other.

I feel my cheeks warm as I tried not to pay attention to them while they scanned my body. Why does everyone here think that gawking is a good thing?

Most of them smiled and nodded, the girls seemed to be minding their business and honestly, I didn't really mind that.

"Hey, sorry I didn't get you," Axel apologized and I politely smiled, "Wanna sit down?" He offered and without hesitation I nodded- not thinking of where he meant it.

Before I knew it I was regretfully sat on the couch beside two other guys and Axel squeezing in. Like sardines.

God almighty, that smell is really unpleasant.