Chapter 11: Flying Car; Another Letter

Start from the beginning

"Hold. On!" Ron screamed this time. Then they got a good grip and Harry was safe. BUT NOT ME. I was still hanging over the edge, about to fall. Harry climbed to the back to try and help me. I couldn't reach his hand. Then I thought of something.

"Accio broom!" I took my wand out and screamed. Sooner or later, my broom came out of nowhere and I caught it with my free hand. Then I flew, slowly, back into the car, making sure I didn't fall. Then the broom flew away once I was in the car. I'm guessing it's going back to where it came from.

"That was smart." Harry said. He was now sitting in the backseat next to me.

Then we finally made it to Hogwarts when it was night.

"Welcome home." Ron said. Then the car started going crazy. We were doing swerves everywhere, almost crashing into everything. Harry was screaming to go up, but it wasn't working.

Ron took out his wand at started hitting the dashboard, saying "Stop! Stop! Stop!" But his wand snapped in half. We then flew right into the Whomping Willow.

"Oh no." I said, knowing exactly what the tree is going to do. "We have to get out of here. Now!"

But it was too late. The branches of the tree were now attacking. They hit then car over and over. One pierced through the back of the car, just missing Harry and me. Then one smashed the roof. We went thumbing down to the grassy floor.

"Drive!!" I yelled. And Ron drove out f the trees reach. We all took deep breaths. Then the car doors flung open, sending us out of the car. The trunk then opened, emptying all of our things. We immediately stood up to catch our pets that were just flung out.

"Are you okay?" I asked everyone. They nodded in response. Then the car drove away. I didn't bother going after it.

"Dad's going to kill us." Ron said. Then we walked into the castle.

"First a house elf tells me not to go to school, then the gateway closes, and then we almost get killed by a tree." Harry said as we walked up the stairs. "It's like someone really doesn't want me to be here this year."

Then we saw Mr. Flitch. Oh, no.

"You three are in big trouble." He began. "I wouldn't bother unpacking. This may be the last night you spend in this castle."

He brought us to Professor Snape. He was holding a magazine.

"You were seen by no less than seven muggles." He said with hint of anger. The magazine showed the flying car with a newsletter about it. "Do you have any idea how serious this is?"

"You have risked the exposure of our world." He continued. "Not to mention the damage you inflicted on the Whomping Willow that's been on these grounds since before you were born."

"Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." Ron replied. That was probably stupid to say.

"Silence." Snape exclaimed. "I assure you, that if you two boys were in Slytherin, and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home, tonight! As it is." He said as he walked right in front of us, crouching down to make direct eye contact.

"They are not." I turned to see Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.

"Professor Dumbledore." Harry said. "Professor McGonagall."

"Headmaster." Snape said as he stood up straight. "These children have flouted the decree for the restriction of underage wizardry. As such."

"I am well aware of our bylaws, Severus." Dumbledore began. "Having written quite a few of them myself. Whoever is head of Gryffindor House, is is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate option."