Nia immediately shot out strings of her power to straighten Kara out mid-air.

    "You don't have a Kryptonite shield," Nia reminded Kara. "It broke last week and Lena isn't here to make you a new one."

    Kara dodged the huge meta, thinking through her options. She would be in extreme pain and put her life in real danger if this Chax had as much Kryptonite as the last one but she didn't want to endanger the rest of her friends. Her help in the battle would help them a long way.

    Before Kara made up her mind, the meta paused and Kara collapsed to the ground from fifty feet from the concrete. He had pulled out two large chunks of Kryptonite and threw one of them, which weighs at least two hundred pounds, directly at Kara.

    Nia rushed to Kara's side, screaming into her coms for backup, while J'onn distracted the oversized criminal.

    Kara's head was bleeding, her skin covered in green lines. She wasn't responsive and Nia noticed other broken bones from the impact and her powers weren't there to heal her. Nia wrapped the Kryptonian in her dreamer strings for more protection over the now vulnerable hero and joined J'onn in the fight.

    Dreamer had always looked up to National City's hero, even before she knew she was Kara Danvers. She credits her discovery and acceptance of her powers to her friend, and she was heartbroken seeing her own hero lying there on the pavement, bleeding like a normal human being.

    The meta was gaining on J'onn but a loud clang made him stagger from surprise. Nia and J'onn turned around in shock and saw Maggie Sawyer holding up her now empty hand. The National City police force and the detectives of other branches in the government had gathered, scared of confronting Chax, but Maggie had had enough and threw her baton straight towards the monster.

    Alex and a few DEO agents had just arrived to bring Kara to the medical ward to nurse her back to health and Alex was there just in time to watch Maggie throw a metal bar at the meta and she stared at her girlfriend, baffled.

    "Nice aim, Sawyer." Alex winked half-heartedly, rushing out of the crime scene, part of her proud of Maggie and another part of her worried for her sister.

    Maggie laughed quietly, following half of the DEO agents back to their headquarters. She and Alex had been dating for a little more than a year and Kara had accepted her like family in an instant. She was always grateful to the Danvers for accepting her and loving her as if she was a part of their family when she didn't feel like she had her own.

    J'onn was pinned down by Chax's gigantic arm and Nia was struggling to get him out. When the DEO arrived at the scene, Brainy had followed them there but he stood still in front of the meta, doing absolutely nothing.

    "Brainy! What are you doing?" Nia screamed desperately, knowing J'onn was about to be squished into a giant puddle of nothing.

    Brainy didn't respond, closing his eyes before opening them again a minute later. He began to chant in an ancient language that no one in the modern world can understand but Chax apparently did. He trained his eyes on the twelfth level intellect, his grip on J'onn loosened enough for him to escape.

    Brainy continued his chant and J'onn and Nia were able to use a distracted Chax to their advantage. Nia tied layers and layers of dreamer ropes around the criminal and J'onn was able to channel his strength and knock Chax off of his feet. She saw a small streak of black and red zoom by out of the corner of her eye but she was too focused on the meta in front of her to make anything of it.

    Now dazed, Dreamer was able to put the powerful criminal to sleep long enough for some of the DEO agents to secure the area and capture a now shrunken Chax. Sure enough, his human face appeared and J'onn shivered from the familiarity, remembering how badly hurt Kara had been a year ago.