Chapter 59 The Ending of the Start

Start from the beginning

"Eh?! That's great! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

Tsurugi: "Well there was the finals and I was practicing with Tenma to do Fire Tornado Double Drive..."

"But still...!"

I pouted at Tsurugi before smiling.

"But really that's great. You'll get to play soccer again with Yuuichi-san!"

Tsurugi: "Mhm."

Tsurugi looked so happy. I was glad. Then when we got to the hospital I opened the door.

"Mari, I'm back and this time, Tsurugi came too!"

Tsurugi: "Hello."

I sat down next to her bedside and Tsurugi sat next to me.

"Mari... can you believe it? We won Holy Road! Ah, Maybe I'll bring the trophy next time..."

Tsurugi: "I'm not sure they'd let you."

"..." *sweatdrop* "True... bringing a trophy to the hospital..."

Tsurugi: "Not that, I'm not sure Tenma and the others would want you to take the trophy."

"Eh~ why?"

Tsurugi: "Because you're clumsy."

I felt an imaginary arrow shoot threw my chest.

"H-Hey I'm not that clumsy..."

Tsurugi stayed silent.

"Tsurugi!"

I sighed before soon smiling.

"We've been through a lot... haven't we?"

Tsurugi: "...Yeah."

"But it's thanks to Raimon... right?"

Tsurugi: "Yeah..."

The two of us stayed silent for a while.

Tsurugi: "Hey..."

"Hm? What is it?"

Tsurugi: "...Would you be my girlfriend?"

*Silence*

"...WH-WHA...."

I immediately stood up from my seat and felt my whole face burn up. I turn to him messing up my words.

"HA- NA-- WHA--- EH?!"

Then I noticed that Tsurugi's cheeks were red. I slightly calmed down knowing that I wasn't the only one embarrassed.

"...O-Okay."

Tsurugi looked at me in surprise.

"W-Well I liked you for a while now a-and... I was thinking of confessing to you after the finals so..."

Tsurugi: "I see..."

"Then... are we a couple now?"

Tsurugi: "I guess..."

I sat back down and the two were quiet again. My cheeks were still red but I felt happy.

!

I felt a finger touching my left hand and when I looked, Tsurugi was staring at me. He turned a little red and looked away while pulling his hand back but I gently grabbed his hand.

Tsurugi: !

He looked back at me and I smiled, feeling my cheeks were still red. He looked away again but I felt him hold my hand tighter.

We're inexperience when it comes to love but...

I gave his hand a squeeze.

I think we'll be okay.

I don't remember how long the two of us stayed like that but...it felt reassuring.

"..... Onee-chan...?"

I flinched at the voice. I turned and spoke with a shaky voice.

"...M-Mari...?"

Mari: "Onee-chan? Where are you?"

Mari lifted her hand reaching out towards me. 

"Ah... U-ugh..."

I felt tears coming down my cheeks.

"Tsurugi... Mari's... Mari's..."

Tsurugi squeezed my hand tightly before letting go.

Tsurugi: "I'll go get the doctor."

I heard the door close soon enough and with trembling hands I took Mari's hand in mine.

"Mari..." *sob*

Mari: "Onee-chan... I can't see you but that's your hand, right?"

*sob* "Mhm... try not to open your eyes. It'll make it worst..."

Mari: "Onee-chan, I heard..."

"Eh?"

Mari: "I heard your voice.... everyday you came to visit me... it made me happy. It was dark and I couldn't see anything but... hearing you made it a bit better..."

I started breaking down even more.

Mari: "I'm sorry... for making you and Mommy worried..."

*sniff* "No... Mommy and I... would do anything for you Mari. Because we love you."

Mari: "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry..."

Though I was crying a lot... today was probably the best day of my life... the love of my life confessed to me and my only sister was finally awake...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But... this was only the beginning of our history. A history I didn't know would be rewritten. I didn't know that Soccer wasn't completely back yet... but we are definitely going to get it back.

(EEEEEEEEEEE okay. Ta-da! Inazuma Eleven GO Arc is doneeeeee! Now it's time for Inazuma Eleven Chrono Stone! Time for some new OCs~ but first the prologue~)