26 - SNOWBALL SMACKDOWN

Start from the beginning

Pulling out her calculator, Alissa began getting to work, jotting down equations on after the other. She only got to number four when she groaned, smacking her head against the desk. "Gah, this is stupid," she grumbled, lifting her head with a frown, glowering at the paper that was almost taunting her. "These are all probably wrong, anyways. . .I should just give up."

Alissa stood, going to grab her phone when the sound of something hitting her window made her stop. She paused, body tensed. 'What the hell?' She thought, glancing around her room. She waited a few more seconds, waiting to see if it would happen again, but it didn't. She brushed it off as nothing, continuing to walk again.

THUNK!

Alissa spun on her heels, hurrying towards her window, pulling back the curtains. A laugh escaped her lips as she stared down at her best friends. Rolling her eyes with a giant grin plastered on her face, she pushed up her window. "What the hell are you doing?" She chuckled, glancing over the group of four.

Mary Jane had a maroon beanie tucked over her locks, a matching coat and scarf bundled around her upper body. Gwen's white and fluffy earmuffs were thrown over her ears, pressing down her blonde hair, her boots ankle deep in the flakey mess of snow. Peter had a gray beanie on, too, soft curls peaking out underneath the soft fabric. A large plaid coat was zipped up all the way, most likely Aunt May's doing. Harry had his hood up, a coat and overalls on to keep himself warm. They were sure enough ready for winter, and for what Harry's proposition was.

Harry threw his arms out, grinning, "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

"It doesn't have to be a snowman," Gwen, Mary Jane, and even Peter sang next.

Alissa's grin widened, shaking her head. "Give me five minutes," she said, closing the window quickly.

° ° °

When Alissa finally exited the house in overalls, a blue coat, and earmuffs, she was met with silence. She stood on the porch, a frown coming to her face when she didn't see her friends waiting for her like she was expecting. "Guys?" Alissa hollered, hopping down the steps of the front porch, frowning as she glanced around. "Where'd you go?"

"Now!" Harry shouted, the boy popping up from behind Carter's car in the driveway. Alissa let out a shriek when a snowball hit her in the nose. She clenched her eyes shut, using her mitten covered hands to quickly wipe away the snow, shivering as she did so. "Hey, what the hell happened to all of us ambushing her?"

Alissa rolled her eyes, shaking her hands out at her sides to shake the excess snow off. Her gaze landed upon Harry, watching as the other three stood, glancing from Alissa and then to Harry.

"Sorry bud," Peter patted Harry's shoulder with an amused laugh. "We didn't agree to it."

"You just thought we did," Gwen giggled.

Mary Jane smiled, stepping around Peter to stand beside Harry. She rested her arm on his shoulder playfully. "It's okay," Mary Jane sweetly cooed. "We can be a team." She glanced to the others, a coy smirk playing on her lips. "What do you guys say?"

"Peter's on my team!" Alissa quickly shouted, raising her hand. Gwen and Mary Jane shared a look with a Harry. Alissa blushed a little, hoping it wasn't that noticeable. Peter grinned, jogging over towards her without thinking twice about it.

"What about me?" Gwen glumly pouted, realizing that she was all alone; a one woman team.

"I'll be on your team." The front door slammed shut, Carter happily hopping down into the snow, tugging on some gloves as he made his way towards Gwen. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something, too."