The Clave's Biggest Mistake

"Thank you so much for tonight, Colt. I had so much fun." The beautiful blonde girl smiled, causing Colt to do the same.

"You're welcome, my love." He smiled, pressing his forehead against the girl's, who stood much less tall than he did. She wrapped her arms up around his neck, pressing her lips on her lover's.

The connection between these two young adults is unexplainable to mundanes, because it is not possible for them to feel. It is reserved for supernaturals, like the Shadowhunters, the Downworlders and even Demons. However, the two did not not know they were supernaturally bonded. Colt's real parents hid from him his true nature, wanting him to live a normal life among the mundanes. But when he first layed eyes on his soulmate, and that bond sparked, the Clave was notified of the existence of a Shadowhunter who did not live amongst the rest. But that wasn't the biggest problem. The problem was that this Shadowhunter's mate was merely a simple mundane. They could not accept that. It was wrong. It was a glitch in nature. It never should have happended. It was dangerous- the mundanes could not be made aware of the shadow world. Their relationship could no longer be permitted to continue.

And there was only one way to break the bond between two soulmates.

"I love you so much," Colt whispered to his girlfriend when they pulled apart. She was a part of him. He'd do anything for her, anything at all. He did not care about anything besides her happiness, and only felt complete when she was with him. He had no idea love like this existed. He thought a was a thing that only happended in movies. But he couldn't be more ecstatic that it was in fact real. He had never felt something so great in his entire life than the feeling of being loved back as equally as he loved. He was her everything, as she was his.

"I love you too," she told him with a smile.

***

"Amelia?" Colt called, curious as to why she had asked for them to meet in this strange place. When there was no answer, he got worried- she had said she was here. "Amelia?" He shouted, only to met with echoes. Colt frowned, and began running around, not knowing where he was going, shouting her name.

He found himself in a room, and within it, there were lines of people dressed in black robes. "A...Amelia?" Colt said, extremely confused.

"Colt Jackson," Came a cold voice from somewhere in the room. Colt looked around to try and find its source, but he found nothing obvious. "This is an intervention."

"What?" Colt asked. "An intervention for what? I'm not alcholic or anything!"

Some of the black robed figures at the front moved, revealing behind them a horrifying sight.

"Amelia!" Colt cried, a weight falling on him at the sight of his Amelia passed out, being held up by her arms with some metal chains. He ran towards her, but some more of the black hooded figures caught up with him, holding him back. He couldn't escape their strong grip, as much as he tried and struggled against them.

"What are you doing! What is this!" Colt yelled as he struggled against his holders.

Then, Colt saw the most terrifying thing he'd ever seen. Four huge, growling wolves. Despite himself, he cowered. A single tear ran down his cheek. "What is going on," he whispered shakily, almost frozen with fear.

"Proceed." The same cold voice said, and the wolves were released.

"NO!" He cried as he watched them pounce on his love. "NO! AMELIA!" It was a long and strangled shout. Colt had never felt so enraged in his life. He struggled as hard as he could against his holders. He was no longer afraid, for he was completely taken over by his fight response to protect his soulmate at all costs. The Clave knew this, however, and restrained Colt with more force. "STOP THIS!"

But the wolves had a command, and they were to go through with it. They nipped, bit and tore at the pretty girl, and she regained consciousness due to the awful pain. She cried out, tears streaming down her face. Her vision was now blurry but she could make out the shadow of her boyfriend raging and struggling against some people dressed in black, and she heard his broken voice shouting her name. "Colt? Colt!" She choked out through her sobs. Her entire body was either bleeding or covered in blood and parts of it were chewed off. This was a pain beyond anyone's imagination.

"LET HER GO!" He wailed once again but still no one had any intention of listening to him.

This was necessary.

Amelia knew she was going to die. She didn't know why, though, but she did know she couldn't leave this world without saying three last words to Colt. "I love you," It hurt her to say, blood pooled into her throat and mouth and she let out a strangled cough afterwards.

Her suffering was ended seconds later. A wolf jumped up and tore her neck from the rest of her body.

"AMELIA!" Colt yelled through the rage fuelled tears. He felt like he'd been stabbed in the gut a thousand times with a thousand knives. He fell to the floor, losing all control of his limbs. He let his tears fall as he lay there, refusing to look at his beautiful love now dead, terribly disfigured. Who, or maybe what, had done this? He swore to himself in that moment that he'd find out, no matter the cost, and make them regret it- and not only daring to touch his Amelia or saying his name, but the fact that they were ever even born.

His anger slowly but surely began to be replaced by an overwhelming sadness and emptyness that ran through his entire being.

He might as well have been sliced in half.

There was nothing left of him besides the pain of the loss of his girl.

The hooded figured dissipated slowly and quietly from the large room, leaving Colt to his own devices for a while. They knew he wouldn't cooperate immediately, they needed to let him grieve a little first.

But they would be back.

-

[A/N] Hi everyone! This fanfic is so much darker than what I'm used to writing, but I'm pretty excited about it. I think it'll be interesting to write from the perpestive of somebody who's not exactly... sane.

I hope you enjoyed! Much love,

chantivera 🖤