She didn't need him to know about the crush until she figured out how to get rid of it for good, or how to tell him; she was hoping that she would be able to grow out of it rather than step up and confess her feelings, though.

It would just take some time for either of them to do anything.

"Hey, Al," a familiar voice suddenly greeted the dark haired girl.

Alissa playfully rolled her eyes at the nickname, offering a warm curl of her lips to Flash Thompson who was lazily stood in the doorway of her bedroom with his body resting on the doorframe. The sudden sound of his voice had taken her out of her train of thought, making her finally notice him. Of course, her mind had drifted back to thinking about Peter Parker when she was meant to be doing her homework that was due the very next day. The boy brightly grinned, lightly laughing as he realized he'd caught her off guard; at least he was one of the only other person who hadn't picked out her crush on Peter either.

But, there were times Alissa wished he did—maybe then he'd stop lay off of Peter.

Flash shifted on his feet, folding his arms over his chest and casually stepped further into her room. "You know where your mom and dad are? They were supposed to give me a ride home before they went to work. . ."

Alissa deeply frowned, heart sinking in her stomach. "They're already at work. Sorry, Flash. Can't Carter just give you a ride or something?" She questioned curiously, resting her laptop to the side of her legs, taking a quick pause from doing her homework that was due tomorrow to give Flash her attention.

Flash shook his head as he leaned more against the doorframe, puffing out his cheeks. "He's at Liz's house for a tutoring session, I think," he replied glumly, glancing to his dark socks he wore on his feet and then back to Alissa, hoping that she could help somehow him get home even though he knew that she wouldn't be able to do it no matter how much they both wanted; Carter was the only one with a car and he rarely let anyone else use it. 

Alissa softly sighed, her eyes dropping to her comforter, trying to think of how she could possibly help Flash, but her mind was completely blank on any ideas that she could actually use.

Flash took notice of her pondering expression, pursing his lips before he spoke with a nonchalant shrug of his broad shoulders, "It's fine. I'll just call my mom and see if she's not at work, or if one of Jesse's friends' parents' can—"

"Why don't you just stay the night again? You can go to school with us and then ride the bus home," Alissa offered kindly.

Flash snorted out a bitter laugh that made Alissa deeply frown.

"Right, sorry. I know your dad doesn't like you or Jesse away. . ." Flash heavily sighed as Alissa's voice dragged off before she could finish her sentence, both wanting to drop the subject of Flash's father rather quickly.

Luckily, Alissa did just that.

"Maybe I could call someone for you?" She nervously bit her lip, staring in his direction unsure. "I know someone who might be able to pick you up, but you'd have to tell him a fake—"

"I'll just walk home," Flash interrupted her faintly, nodding firmly in an attempt to reassure Alissa of his choice. "It'll be fine. I might get home before my Dad."

Alissa silently stared over at the boy, lips turning downward into a deeper frown than what had already been on her lips.

She knew how hard his home life was for him, his mother, and his little sister, and she hated how there wasn't anything she could do to really help. She had told him she'd call the police if he ever needed her to, but it didn't help that his father was considered the police. She didn't think the police would even help when it was one of their own being called on. Just the mere thought of the awful Thompson man made Alissa roll her eyes and clench her fist together, knuckles turning white. She wanted to convince Flash to stay longer, but he couldn't. He had to face his father, and he would much rather get it all over with so he could face school the next day, even if it took a toll on him, mentally or physically.