''It hasn't changed much.'' said Alexis yearnfully and pushed the wodden gate open leading to the garden.

''No one's really taking care of it these days.'' I said, following her inside.

''I still remember our sundays here.'' recalled Alexis giggling and looked at me adding, ''I still can't believe we're all old now.''

''We are not necessarily old, Lex. I don't understand why you act like an eighty year old woman sometimes.'' I said, sitting down on the bench infront of us, trying to set her free from her old mind set. She needed to take life in a lighter shade.

She took a deep breathe and sat next to me, slighting a smile and rested her palms on her lap.

''It's a beautiful night.'' She said looking up at the sky sighing aloud. ''Don't you wanna know why I asked you to met me?'' then she asked.

''Hmm...Of course I do.''

''Because it's the only way you would've meet me.''

''It's not like that Lex... Yes, it was a little awkward but....''

''You know I still don't regret it Mew.'' she cooed grinning down at me slyly. I wondered whether she was flirting with me or just being sincere.

''You're not helping in making this less awkward Alex". I said laughing.

''Maybe that's because I don't intend to....it's not a big deal. I know I have Jared but he isn't here and it's not like we'll even be together because you pretty much know that I am leaving.'' She said and suddenly I felt a thud in my heart and it sunk low.

''And it's not like I'm looking down at you,'' asserted she fixing her eyes at me, '' but you're my bestfriend who just happened to be really the kind of a man I'd love to go out with and I've been spending a few close moments with you and I felt really connected with you. "

I maintained my silence not sure of how to react and respond.

''I just wanted to believe that I belong with you.''  She continued.

As she spoke, my heart began pounding heavily over those beautiful sentences. But that was not all, she further continued, ''I know it's not something serious, you probably may not have felt anything and I don't want you to either....because at the end of the day we'll just end up hurting each other and we could even loss this friendship we have.''

Her honesty appalled me yet I kept quiet. It was time for my mind to analyze every thing she was saying. I would be lying if I said I was not happy to hear her confession; I've fancied her from the day I laid my eyes on her but there was too much to loose in loving her. Besides, I've never allowed myself to look at her that way. But I could feel that I was utterly disappointed.

''You're a really nice person Mew.'' She said firmly without taking her eyes off from me and all of a sudden, my knee weakened as my heart rhythmically pounded heavily. ''I wish I had never left.'' She concluded, her voice filled with painful regrets.

I did not know why but I felt the need to hug her instantly. Hece, I pulled her in and made her head rest on my chest.

"Alex..you have no idea how beautiful you are. You know, you can always come back and continue college here. You don't have to leave us again." I whispered softly resting my chin on her head and kissed her head.

My emotions were mixed. I didn't know yet what I felt for her apart from the fact that she was beautiful.

She chuckled softly and sat up quickly, ''So, is it true that you're into men more than the women? " She asked next which came as a blow on my serious mood.

''Geez, what is wrong with you.''

''Just tell me, Mew. I'm your best friend...you've been hidinh a great deal about yourself. I do believe it's not fair". She sniggered taking my hands and pulled me up.

''Ah, You're crazy Alexandria!''

''You think? You're one sneaky friend with too many secrets. This time I'm not letting it go'' she said hitting my shoulder playfully.

''I'm not sure, to be honest. I haven't figure it out "

''That's why you didn't even tell Gulf? "

"Well, I don't even know for myself so why should I tell anyone. I might even end up falling for you. I'm rather at a confusing stage" I faintly teased at her while we decided to head back home.

"I guess Gulf has his reason to be mad at you. I mean, he still consider you as his best friend...  I'm surprise Mandy know about you more than Gulf does. "

Technically, she was right but I cannot ignore the fact that Gulf was never close with me.

"You really think Gulf consider me as his best friend? You'd be an idiot to not notice how I'm among his least favorite people. " I protested strongly.

"Honestly, it's not very clear to me. At the end of the day, he's always behind you, don't you think? He can be a little rude and playful at times but he's still our Gulf and I'm certain he cares a lot more about you than you think. "

"I'm not buying that... But yeah, he appears to be a different person lately. " I said recalling Gulf's apology and his sincerity in maintaining our friendship.

As we talked, we finally were outside Alexis' lawn and from there, we could hear loud noises coming out from Gulf's room.

"Looks like his friends came over" I said feeling a little irritated because I've been meaning to tell him the good news.

"Hmmm... I guess you should pay him a visit"

"Yeah... Anyway, Alex... It was nice talking."

"I'll see you tomorrow. "

She said winking at me and left for her house while I decided to meet Gulf first and pick Hillary up.

PS: there will be errors.