Chapter 11

Imp's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. I slowly open my eyes and look around. I look down and see Red on top of me, legs tangled with mine as his head lays on my chest. Wait, did I not sleep with a shirt on?

Suddenly, the memories come flooding back. The party, the uber back to the house, the kiss. It was obvious that my shirt had come off sometime during our make-out session. But that was the least of my concern. I was more worried about what the fuck I was gonna say when he wakes up.

Normally, I have no problems talking with Red we are best friends after all. But now I'm dreading the moment where those sea-blue eyes look up at me.

Though I didn't have much more time to dwell on it because before I knew it Red started shifting then slowly opened his eyes. He was clearly confused for a second then it hit him. He looks up and sees me. Then he shoots up and crawls off of me.

I slowly sit up still hungover as he apologized over and over again. I know he meant well but everything was so loud right now and his talking was not helping. Quickly I covered his mouth and he obviously got the message that he needed to shut up.

When he quieted down I quickly got up. Way to quickly considering the fact that I instantly got lightheaded. I grabbed onto the desk to steady myself. Red reached to help but then quickly pulled his hand back as if he didn't know if he was allowed to. I immediately felt guilty.

Eventually, I made it downstairs to the kitchen and sat down. Red sat down next to me clearly uncomfortable. I slipped my hand into his. His head shot up and I gave him the most comforting smile I could. He gave a rather clumsy smile back.

We may not have said anything but I could tell he was relieved now that he knew wasn't mad at him. I don't know why he thought I was mad though.

He is an amazing kisser.

I wanted to kiss him again. I wanted to feel his amazing lips on mine. Though I knew I couldn't. At least not for a while.

*time skip*

We did our usual routine though something was off. The air was so tense that you could cut it with a knife. Even Lavender noticed that something was up. She constantly giving us glances as we hung out hoping we would tell her. I wish I could but I didn't even know.

All the nervous energy was radiating off of Red. It was odd not knowing what was bothering him usually he would tell me by now. I just really hope it wasn't about the kiss. As much as I wish it could happen again I knew Red wouldn't do it again. Not unless I started it. And goddamm we both knew I don't have that much confidence.

We were watching a movie in my room when I finally decided to stop the bullshit. I grabbed the remote and paused the show.

"Hey! I was watching that." Red said in pretend annoyance.

I knew he wasn't watching it if I asked he wouldn't be able to tell me the main character. He was just stalling trying to avoid the conversation that
was about to happen.

"Red we need to talk," I say in a serious tone.

"I think I left the stove on," Red said as he tries to leave.

"You don't cook. You're just stalling." I say as I pull him back onto the bed.

"You're right." He sighs knowing he can't avoid it.

"We need to talk," I say repeating my earlier statement.

"About what?" He mumbles playing dumb.

I shot him a glare and he quickly mumbles an apology.

"We need to talk about the kiss," I say getting straight to the point.

"I know you're right. You're always right." He says clearly uncomfortable about talking about it.

I don't want Red to be uncomfortable but we need to talk about it.

"So why'd you kiss me?" I finally say the question that's been lingering on my mind for so long.

He shrugs.

"Red I need a verbal answer," I say slightly annoyed.

"I don't know Okay? At that moment it felt like it was just us. Like you were the main priority. Like only you mattered. And I felt the urge to kiss you. I wanted to kiss you until I couldn't breathe. So...I did." He says blushing in embarrassment.

I sat there taking a moment to process everything that he just said. So many thoughts swarmed my head at once. I tried to speak but my body wasn't listening to me.

"I'll just go..." Red said and stood up to leave.

As if I wasn't in control my body, jumped up, grabbed Red's face, spun him around, and smashed our lips together. This was nothing like the last time. It wasn't lustful or hungry. It was slow and gentle but managed to hold the same amount of passion.

I slowly grabbed Red's waist and pulled him closer. He cautiously put his arms around my neck. He was standing on his tiptoes due to his short height.

We slowly pulled apart and look at each other never looking away.

"That was.....nice," I say breaking the silence.

It was way more than nice. It was amazing. It was beautiful. It was lovely. It was wonderful. It was addictive. I've fallen and all he had to do was kiss me twice.

Red didn't make any effort to move. Not that I wanted him to.

Suddenly, he flopped onto the bed. Then he pulls me down with him.

"Feelings are exhausting!" He groans.

I chuckle finding his annoyed tone amusing. Finally, I decided to ask the big question.

"What are we?" I ask instantly bringing down the lighthearted mood.

"I don't know," Red says then cuddles close to me. "For now we're friends that kiss."

"And make out," I say hoping it will get a laugh out of him.

"Yes and make out." He says rolling his eyes fondly.

No, we're technically not together. But for now, this is good enough for me.

***********************************
1057 words
Woah this was longggggg!
Byeeeeeeeeee
~Rnae