One Shot The Beta's Unwanted Mate Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry. I will protect you. My mom would be very glad to meet you and everyone will have to accept you. You are the Luna. Nobody will be able to meet your gaze. They have to bow before their Luna?"

"So, this mate thing....how does this work."

"The moon goddess has created mates for all of us. The mates have a unique bond. They are connected spiritually. And we find our mates only after we are of age. I have been waiting for you for three years." I gave her a charming smile.

"And they trust the person in front of them without any complaints? What if the person is a complete stranger like you and me?"

"Werewolves already know that there is a mate waiting for us so we wait till we are of age and after that we accept them. But at times it takes a lot of time to adjust. And at times mates reject each other because they can't accept their mates. But it is very rare."

"Is it possible to reject someone who is connected to you spiritually?"

"It causes a lot of pain to both the parties. Mates of lower rank can't even reject the mates of superior ranks. Or else they will die. Even humans cannot reject their mates."

The corners of her mouth twitched at my last sentence. And there was this wierd twinkle in her eyes.

"But you can reject me, right? You are the Alpha."

"Yes, but I have been waiting for you for three years. I am not letting you go. Plus you are the only thing that can give me the position of Alpha."

"Even if I beg you to let me go?"

"No." I don't know why I was irritated. I don't know why but the way she said it made a shiver run down my spine.
"Don't fucking think about it."

My voice was threatening. Even I was surprised.

But she returned back to her stoic and calm expression.

"Tell me some more about this werewolf hierarchy."

I don't know why her stoic face was giving me a very bad vibe.

But I told her everything about us.

And soon we reached the pack house.

I parked the car and got out to help her but she already got out and was just about to close the door.

On the way to the pack house, I bumped into Chance and the way he was glaring at my mate was making me angry.

She was his Luna. He has to treat her with respect.

I wanted her to ignore him and continue on but she had already noticed him. But her calm face didn't change.

Why can't she reveal her emotions?

I brought her along but looks like my parents had invited the entire pack to the pack house. Everyone was staring at my mate.

"Is it too much?" I want to tie her up and keep her away from the public eye but this has to be done.

"I am fine." She said without looking at me.

We went to a small room where mom was already waiting for us. She had mind-linked me to being my mate in this room.

I then took her to mom. As soon as she saw my mate, she started fussing about her food and dress and look how tired she looked and how she needs to take care of herself more.

Until then, my dad arrived. But he looked at her with suspicion.

I don't understand why would he be suspicious of a human but he was.

"What is your name?"

"Tasha."

Tasha.. I tried speaking it and it was such a beautiful name.

"I heard you are already married....." I glared at him, "what if your human husband comes to cause us trouble?"

What the hell is your problem? Are you not happy that your son got a mate and can now become the Alpha? Or you want to continue tobe the Alpha for your life?

"Don't worry, sir. He won't interfere with my duties. I assure you of that."

He won't interfere? I assure you....? Which means they had a falling out.

That's good.

"What am I supposed to understand by that?" My dad asked again.

Can't you just let her alone? You need to grill her? I was about to mind-link him to stop.

"Exactly what you heard."

"Are you fine with me announcing you to every member of this pack? That you will be the new Luna?"

"Is there an option?"

She again implied leaving me.... Does she not want us?

She just meant it as sarcasm. Don't fret.

So, to announce her as my mate, we went to the hall which was spacious and had a lot of space for everyone to gather and listen to the Alpha.

Rather than wasting my time listening to father talk about stuff, I concentrated my attention on my mate. She was just so beautiful.

She is so restrained. It would be a challenge to bed her but also interesting as hell.

She is really beautiful. Just perfect.

Don't I know?

But she should trust us with her emotions. After all, we are her mate.

Don't worry. She will.... Let her adjust a bit.

".......I present to the members the new Alpha, Reese and the new Luna, Tasha." I asked for her hand and she held the tips of my fingers.

Does she not trust us?

"The official ceremony will be held on the coming full moon day." My father continued.

We saw the entire crowd bow down to us. I was so happy. Now I can be the Alpha without any interference. And the crowd has acknowledged her as their Luna.

I turned toward her to see that her gaze was fixed on an elderly man bowing to her and her jaws clenched.

Did he offend her?

I will kill him. I definitely will send him out of this pack for disrespecting his Luna.

"Did he offend you?"

"No. It's just that I could learn a lot from his experience about life but instead of being my grandfather, he is bowing down to me..... It makes me a bit apprehensive."

"You are kind." I smiled at her but she did not respond.

After a while everyone congratulated us and left.

Only the beta, Chance, Ryder, Olivia, my parents and I were left.
||||||||End of chapter|||||||||||