Chapter 10: I'm sorry, am I what?

Start from the beginning

"No! Open your eyes, and watch them! Do you hear them Rowan? Do you hear them crying out your name? Asking you to make all of this stop?" He chuckles in delight while he continues to torture them. I could only watch and cry powerless.

Flashback 3 days ago

Penelope POV

While Hailey is in Belgium, I decided to follow the tracking spell to enconter the first member of my new family. When I arrived at destination, my eyes grew wide open, and I swallow a huge gulp, trying to gather my courage to knock at the door of the enarmous mansion. Once I finaly knock, my palm became sweaty, how are you gonna explain to a person that you are a member of her family whitout making the person freak out and make her think you're totaly insane? I'm snap out of my thought by the crack of the door opening. Before me, stand a beautiful tall woman with long blond hair, she's wearing a simple blue jean with a rainbow shirt. She frowns while scaning me from head to toes, I nervously clear my throat to gain her attention, when her eyes finaly meet mine she says "Hello.. Can I help you?" Her voice is serious yet gentle.

"I-I.. Ummm.. I-I-She..I-" I completly lost the ability to speak, OMG this is ambarassing, she's right before me and I can't even tell her the truth, I'm frozen in place, maybe Hailey was right, I shouldn't have come here alone to explain my situation.. We hear a baby crying so the blond shoot, without taking her eyes off me "Babe, can you take care of him?" She's careful to not use any name before a stranger.. Interessing..

When we hear an other female voice saying "I got it!" She patiently wait for an answer, whitout breaking the eye contact, which make me more nervous. I feel like my eyes are gonna change color because of my nervousness so I quickly take a step back and shake my head "I-I'm sorry.. I must have mistaken this mansion with an other.. I-I should go.." I nod my head at myself and turn around to leave but the older woman delicatly catchs my wrist and turns me to face her frown again "Wait! Do I know you? You seem familiar?" I was about to decimite what she said but my breath catchs in my throat when she reaches her hand to gently trace my face, still frowning confusely, then she says one world to herself which make my heart beats faster "Hope." I wasn't supposed to ear it but now my wolf is out, I can't really help it.. She notices that my pulse quicken, retracts her hands and clears her throat "Who are you? And why do you have the same aura as Hope?"

Maybe because I'm her twin that you thought was dead? No too direct...

Maybe because I'm born the same day as her? No doesn't explain why, a lot of people are born the same day...

Maybe because I have the same birth mark as her? WAIT! THAT IT, THE BIRTH MARK, IF SHE DOESN'T BELIEVE ME I CAN SHOW HER! I take a deep breath to calm myself a bit before locking my eyes with hers. Then I softly whisper

"Can I come in? I have a lot to explain..." She seems to contemple the request but I know she already agree before of the curiousity that shines into her eyes so she nodds her head. "Would you like some tea? The kitchen is in this way." she pointes to a direction which I follow with my eyes before nodding and we both enter the mansion. She's careful enough to not inviting me in her house in case if I'd be a bad vampire. My auntie is pretty smirt!

End of flashback

Hope POV

I laugh "I'm sorry am I what? You can't be serious now! I'd have know if I had sibling. And she's like a month younger than me. It's can't be possible! Please Josie tell me you agree with me, it's totaly insane!"

Seing how serious and compose Hailey is, Josie have no other choice than to believe what the blond said..

"I think she's telling the truth Hope.. That is totaly insane but if you really think about it, it explains a lot of things.. Actually, it explains so much.. Like your connexion with her for example, you telled me that the moment you met, you feel a pull towards her, the feeling to protect her and trust her no matter what! I have the exact same feeling with Liz, it's a twin bound that you can't excape! Plus you said that since she walks into your life, you finaly feel complet and happy, you used to telled us when we were younger that you were happy but you missed something more to make you utlerly happy. At first we thought it was love interest but now I think that explains you attachement to Penelope. You were cold and lonely and then the day she arrived Boom! You metamorphosed in happy Hope!" Josie explains excitedly.