"The coach too?"

I looked towards Mom who had a worried look on her face.

TV: "Replacing Coach Ishido Shuuji is Senguuji Daigo. And all of the players are ones who have never played in official matches before! Here is Seidouzan's new lineup."

Shōko and Shirabe: !

"...Kiri-chan...!"

Shōko: "She's a midfielder..."

Miria POV

"Kirara-chan..."

I looked at her on the field. She saw me and waved.

Kirara: "Hello~"

Everyone noticed Kirara too.

Tenma: "Kirara-san..."

Tsurugi: "You're in Dragonlink?"

Kirara: "Of course! Dragonlink is the strongest team in Fifth Sector, why wouldn't I be?"

"Is this... Is this the reason why Shirabe-chan wanted us to "save" you?"

Kirara: "Eh? Save? From what? Ah~ I see, I see! She must have told you all my past didn't she?"

I looked away.

*Flashback*

Everyone: ???

Shirabe: "...To tell you the truth, Kiri-chan has a past similar to mines..."

"A similar past?"

Shirabe shifted uncomfortable before speaking again.

Shirabe: "When she young... she was abandoned by her parents. They dropped her off at a research lab and never came back."

Tsurugi: "A research lab?"

Shirabe: "Yes... that research lab did terrible things to her... you know how she has ice-like powers right?"

Tenma touched his chest.

Tenma: "...Yeah."

Shirabe: "The results of experimenting at the research lab gave her those powers. Powers she never asked for..."

Tsurugi: "....."

Shirabe: "...After the research lab had no use for her anymore, they threw her away. And ever since, Kiri-chan has no trust in most people. Especially in adults..."

Hamano: "And then? How do you want us to save her?"

Shirabe: "...Save her, the same way you all saved me."

*Flashback end*

Kirara: "Ah~ I didn't expect Shirabe to tell you my past. Well in all, in the past I was thrown away by my family and then turned into a lab rat. That's all!"

! "Don't call yourself a lab rat, Kirara-chan!"

Kirara gave me a blank look.

Kirara: "Why? After all it's true. I was just a lab rat to them, my happiness, my life meant nothing to them. But..."

Kirara looked over at the Seidouzan bench.

Kirara: "I was saved. That's why... even if I'm used again... I'm fine being used by Senguuji-san. Because he changed my life into something worth living."

!

Shirabe: My life means nothing to me. I'm not afraid to end it. But at the same time I have to do something to bring back...

"No! That's not right, Kirara-chan!"

Kirara just shrugged and went back to her position on the field.

Shirabe POV

As the match continued on the screen I couldn't help but watch in pain.

"Everyone...!"

Shōko: "... Shirabe."

I turned to Mom with tears in my eyes.

Shōko: "... Let's go."

"Go? To where?"

Shōko: "Hehe..."

Mom left the room and brought something out with her.

! "That's... the Raimon uniform...?"

Shōko: "Yup! It's yours."

"W-What?"

Shōko: "I registered you on the Raimon team, and asked Endou-kun for a uniform."

I looked at the Raimon uniform that Mom placed in front of me.

"B-But... I..."

Shōko: "I know."

Mom came up to me and looked at me.

Shōko: "You want to save Kirara-chan, right? But..."

Mom gave me a sad smile.

Shōko: "You understand the reason why Kirara-chan can't stop. Because you were the same."

I looked down sadly.

"Mhm..."

Shōko: "That's why you asked everyone on Raimon to stop her instead, right?"

"...Mhm."

Shōko: "But..."

"But?"

Mom looked at the TV.

Shōko: "...You and Kirara-chan have the opposite personalities. At first, I was surprised that the two of you got along so well. But the more I look at it..."

Mom smiled to me.

Shōko: "The two are more similar than what meets the eye. That reason is why."

"Why what?"

Shōko: "...Why the only one who can save Kirara-chan, is you Shirabe."

!

"But..."

Shōko: "I don't want Kirara-chan to make the same mistake as you did. We were only able to stop you because everyone came to help. That why... Shirabe."

Mom looked at me with a sincere look.

Shōko: "...Just as how Kirara-chan helped saved you, this time it's your turn to save her."

I became quiet.

Shōko: "Shirabe?"

"...I, I want see Kiri-chan smile again. All the frustrations I had at that time... the pain I had... I don't want Kiri-chan to feel that!"

I looked at the TV.

"Kiri-chan hasn't moved at all during the match. But she will when the time runs out."

I turned to Mom with a determined face.

"Let's go, Mama!"

The Fate we Choose (Inazuma Eleven GO/CS/Galaxy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें