She angrily gritted her teeth! She initially wanted to give her son some assistance, but who knew that she had sent an ungrateful wolf to her son's side. She had even caused them to fall to such an extent.

Jing Si Palace, how sarcastic was that! Back when Imperial Concubine Li had been demoted to noble lady, she had been chased to Jing Si Palace. Now, she had been demoted even more thoroughly, as she had been demoted directly to talented lady. She had also been sent to Jing Si Palace. Was this the turning of the tide?

Palace maid Yue Xiu moved into Jing Si Palace's side hall with Talented Lady Liu. Without her position as noble lady, even her court title had been taken back. Now, she could only be called by her maiden name. "What sort of thing is a talented lady!" She gritted her teeth so ferociously that she nearly shattered all of her teeth. "I don't believe it! I refuse to believe that things will end for Mo'er and me like this!" Flames were shooting out of Talented Lady Liu's eyes, "We absolutely must not let things go like this. As long as Mo'er does not die, I will definitely think of a way to go and meet him!"

Yue Xiu also did not want to live such a shabby life. Now, they were moving into Jing Si Palace. Once the eighth prince was executed, she was worried that her master would not even be able to maintain even the position of talented lady. Though she never truly had any hopes in her master being able to assume the position of empress dowager, she absolutely did not want to see her master become a talented lady just like this. If things did were bad for the master, just how well could the servant do?

Yue Xiu furrowed her brow and thought for a while then immediately said: "It seems that His Majesty's imperial decree did not say that master would not be let out of Jing Si Palace. Thinking about it, it's not the same as the time that Imperial Concubine Li had been locked up here."

These words acted as a reminder for Talented Lady Liu. That was right, compared to Imperial Concubine Li at that time, she currently had the freedom to move around. The Emperor only said that she would be demoted and moved out of her palace; however, he did not say that she would not be allowed to move around the Imperial Palace. As long as she could still walk out of Jing Si Palace's gates... She suddenly began to smile, "It seems that Mo'er and I are not stuck in a dead end. As long as this door was left open a crack, I have a chance to reverse the tides. Yue Xiu, help me get changed and do my hair. We will go and visit the Empress."

A noble lady had been demoted to talented lady, and she had been demoted by the Emperor himself. This news spread very quickly through the inner palace and reached the Empress' ears.

To the Empress, Noble Lady Yuan only being demoted to talented lady was not enough to relieve the hatred in her heart. If it was up to her, it would have been best if she had been thrown into the condemned cell with the eighth prince. Once the date was set, just have them executed. If not that then they could just give her a bottle of poison and let her do it herself. Only with Noble Lady Yuan's death could she no longer be threatened by that person. At the very least, her days would be a little more stable. There would no need to spend each day on tenderhooks.

Fang Yi advised her: "Your Highness, take things one step at a time. She has already been demoted to talented lady. In the future, any casual reason can be used to leave her half dead. In this inner palace, killing someone is all too easy."

"That's right!" The Empress sighed, "In this inner palace, to have someone killed is truly too easy. It's just that this One has never wanted to use such methods, nor has anyone ever been able to threaten this One. That's why this was something that this One had forgotten."

As the two spoke, a palace servant came to report: "Your Highness, Talented Lady Liu is requesting a visit."

"Talented Lady Liu?" The Empress was stunned and could not react for a moment, "Who is Talented Lady Liu?" How many years had it been since someone of the rank of talented lady last came to visit Jing Ci Palace?