Part 6 - a new deal

Start from the beginning

=

"princess is going to trick us im sure of it" Uma muttered, pacing around the deck, Harry and Gil sitting on barrels a few feet away. "we need a new plan, something that involves Ben but differently"

"there was this really pretty girl that was with Evie and the others, she kinda looked like that girl on the tv who was planning cotillion!" Gil offered, snacking on a stolen half eating granola bar.

Uma stopped, then grinned "Gil....sometimes you speak up right at the perfect moments" she cackled, walking over and patting his shoulders.

Gil smiled and continued to eat, Uma beginning to plan with Harry.

=

They should know better than to leave you alone with nothing to do other than explore.

You sat on the rooftop near the hideout, glaring at the clouds above you. You couldn't see a single star, the brightest thing was Auradon city across the Strait of Ursula.

You sniffed, coughing slightly from the thick smog. You should have pushed Ben more to continue his vk reform plan.

There were so many kids here who didn't do anything, you had a strong feeling that the only reason Uma wanted to take over the world was that she had been forgotten and abandoned by Auradon.

your mind drifted to the little girl from earlier, no child deserved to starve to death, your hands gripped onto your sleeves tightly, glancing down at your bag, still having some fresh food inside.

"well well well~" you squeaked in fright and hopped to your feet, spinning around to see Harry, the boy from earlier who had kidnapped Ben "what do we 'ave here~ a lost princess~"

You sighed and slumped your shoulders, tilting your head at him "is there something you need with me?" he seemed surprised at your lack of fear but brushed it off.

"aye, the deals changed" you knew your face showed surprise when he giggled 'cute' you thought, eyes widening as that thought came to your mind 'okay brain we do NOT go there right now'

"wait what do you mean?" you slightly panicked, backing up. You yelped, feeling the edge of the building, you lost your balance, starting to tip over the edge. you watched as Harry's eyes widened and he launched himself at you, grabbing your waist and jumping back.

"Holy sh*t lass!" he yelled, pushing you away from him towards the middle of the roof "be careful, we need yeh alive an' well not dead and in pieces on the floor!!" you took a shaky breath and fell to the floor, holding your head in your hands and trying to get control of your heart.

"t-thank you" you muttered, hearing his voice stop, you looked up, seeing him look down at you surprised.

"uh....yer...wel..come?" he muttered confused, rubbing his arm. He shook his head, walking over to you and grabbing your jacket, forcing you to your feet. "come on, yer takin Bens place for ransom"

"But why?" you asked, Harry, sighed.

"We have reason ta believe that Mals gonna trick us, so Uma changed targets ta yeh, so come on" you dug your feet into the roof, easily stopping Harry.

He looked back, his face scrunching up in frustration "would yeh just-!" you pouted and shook your head. "tell me what you want!"

"I already did!" he yelled, throwing his hands up in the air "Uma jus' thinks beasty boy would actually be able ta get the wand without lookin like he was stealing it fer himself!"

"he won't though" you muttered "only FG can get the wand, it has a magic barrier around it only she can disable"

"fu- are yeh serious!" Harry facepalmed "alright! New plan! yer gonna be our ransom for whatever we need" you sighed and let him drag you away that time, you'd rather Ben be safe in Auradon to lead it than you being in Auradon worried for ben.

Besides, you could handle yourself, thanks to those lessons from the dream boy.

=

Mals jaw dropped as Ben entered the hideout "Ben!?! What are you-wheres (y/n)?!"

"she took my place, Uma wanted her to be in exchange, something about me being more able to get the wand"

"but we already sent Jay and Carlos to print a fake one!"

"they know Mal, she already figured it out, that's why she wanted (y/n), because with me in Auradon I could actually meet her demands easier"

Mal screamed in frustration. "fine!! I'll take my bike back and go tell the boys uuug why does shrimpy always have to make everything so difficult!"

=

You sat in the brig, slightly surprised by how clean it was.

"what, thought we were gonna throw you in the dirtiest cell we got?"

You looked to Uma and shrugged "I guess?"

Uma laughed and rolled her eyes "well I don't know what Malsy told ya, but we have a bit of honor among us pirates, besides, the better shape you're in, the more things well get in return"

She walked out of the brig, her heels sounded against the wood.

"sleep tight princess~"

–end of part 6 –