Prologue - The Beginning of an Adventure!

Hidden in the outside of the city of Cydia, lay a hidden place for outcasts of their world- people born with gifts, people with different opinions, thieves that worked for good and bad, people who loved their own gender- and they all got along. Which was a strange deal back then, as you’d think they’d go power hungry and want their own king in their hidden town of wonders, excitement, and curiosity. One man stopped that from happening though, a man that would soon be the start of a war.

He called himself Chilled Chaos.

Why on Earth would he have a name like that? You might wonder, a question that many people back then never came t o know.The selected few- at first two, soon, becoming three later in our story- are the only ones that know why. You see, Chilled Chaos had the power to control ice, snow, everything frozen. He was also a graceful thief, that, despite his fame, was never caught. Occasionally, he ended the life of a few selected nobles- usually ones that abused their power and punished people for no good reason, other than that they were bored and were lusting for entertainment.

So you see, in a way, Chilled Chaos was a man to be celebrated- a man to have minor holidays after, a man to rejoice and praise.

However, if you knew this tale like I do, you’d know that the assumption I told you wouldn’t be the case at all.

The King of Cydia, King Steven the Third, was boiling with rage. Dealing with Chilled’s thieves and his murders had left a frustration to grow inside of him, a frustration that had become larger and larger over the span of a year. And this frustration soon caused King Steven to become desperate enough to send his own son after him- a boy named Steven, but whom called himself Ze.

Ze was in his early twenties, having been prepared to take over the throne as soon as his father died- which, would happen sooner than he expected. While Ze was an obedient son, every child has a rebellious stage in their life- some later than sooner, as it happens to be in this story.

When his father called for him, he came hesitantly, his arms placed properly at their sides like a good prince would have. When he was close enough to his father's throne, he bowed, hesitantly keeping his eyes on the ground below him like his father had taught him to do.

"Yes, father?" Ze asked politely, keeping his eyes on the ground as his heartbeat accelerated.

"My dear boy," His father began, his hands gripping the sides of his throne in frustration, "I have a task to be put upon you, a task that will help you learn to become a rightful ruler like me. Have you heard of Chilled Chaos, Steven?"

Ze huffed quietly, rolling his eyes. He hated being called his real name, but he knew better to not argue with his father.

"Yes, father, I have." Ze said, keeping up his polite voice as he felt slight rage boil in his stomach.

"This... troublemaker," He continued on, rubbing at his chin as he shook his head, "this troublemaker has gone too far now. Some of our nobles are afraid to come out of their houses, and some are even using their indentured servants as guards now! It's ridiculous!" He laughed out, shaking his head before he let out a soft sigh in frustration. "So, Ze, my task for you is... we're going to send you to this... mysterious cave. You are going to play as a thief, you hear me, boy? And I will supply you with some of the royal treasure to make yourself more believable-"

"What?" Ze cried out, looking back up at his father. "You can't really-"

"Eyes down, Steven!" King Steven barked out, making Ze immediately look down as he clenched his teeth.

"Yes, father." He muttered through clenched teeth. "But what do you mean? Can't you use a knight, or something, father?"

"We have considered this, but I believe they already know what the knights look like, while... while you, I don't let out a lot. So you would be the perfect one to use. I might start letting you out more if you do this." His father told him, making Ze immediately smile slightly, happiness sparkling in his eyes.

His father usually never let him out to "protect him from peasant girls wanting a way to the royal gems", as he said. Or to protect him from muggers- or, his latest one, to protect him from Chilled Chaos.

"...Alright. I will do so, father." He told him hesitantly, biting down on his lip before he coughed slightly. "Will food and other supplies be provided for me, father?"

His father let out a laugh. "Of course, my boy! But... it won't be food like we have, though. It will be strips of dried out meat and a single container to put water in. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Father."

And that is how the adventure of young Ze began.