Part 2: MC TEACHING SAGE HOW TO READ HEADCANNONS

Authors Note- it is  mentioned in the game in Felix's route that Sage cannot read, so I went ahed and decided to wilrite a little something, please enjoy!

One day you extended a book you were reading to Sage. Felix wanted you to study this one spell, so he gave you the book. Commenting about how you did not understand what it was saying, you asked Sage about it since he too had a magical relic.

He only looked at you and went “Crazy magic huh? Pretty sure I am not your man for the spellwork MC. You should find Felix.” he said. You were surprised because it wasn’t related to an incantation. It was just a stance. “It is just a stance. Here, take a look.” You extend the book pointing at the small paragraph.

Sage looks a little uncomfortable. And though he tries to wing it off, you catch Sage’s strange behavior. While you push him into it a little more he admits that he does not know how to read.

You cup his cheeks at once and look into his golden eyes “I will teach you.”.

He protests quite a lot saying he doesn’t need to know. So much, as a matter of fact, you promise him prizes.

When he does accept, it is hard to teach him. But you promised to kiss him if he got some of your questions right.

Poor Sage actually has a hard time writing. Not only his writing sucks, but the quills end always teared through the paper, the tip exploded when he pressed to hard into the paper, and his hands were covered in ink. You were now short on quills and Sage was short on his patience. 

He gave up. Sage, stormed out the room. You followed right after and convinced him to not give up.

What you did to convince maybe was getting him drinks at the end of the day.

Slowly but surely he learned, it took a solid 3 to 4 months however. 

He still needs to practice, but you have been writing some letters for him to encourage him to read. 

When you told him about the letters he seemed a little surprised. When you said one of them was a love letter he got to work.

It took a lot of time, drinks, kisses and patience but he learned how to read with your help.