the curse of twenty five

Start from the beginning

"kochou..." he coughs a little blood as he speaks.

"SHUT UP! DON'T TALK! I'll..I'll GET HELP!" she rammages through the small handbag shinobu carried and pull out her smartphone.

she taps on the screen several times in frustration.

" WHY WON'T IT FUCKING CALL SOMEONE?? IT SUPPOSE TO CALL SOMEONE AND THEIR VOICE COMES OUT FROM THIS!"

if there was one thing kochou regretted right now, was how she never bothered to pay attention to any details in the current world except for giyuu.

she didn't even understand what the stupid 'smartphone' was doing. she didn't understand what she was holding infront of her anyways. she always saw shinobu using it, but never bothered to learn it.

"i-it...'s suppose to..to call..." she puts down the phone in irritation. tired, her body gave in and she drops her head down and just stares straight into his eyes.

"stop it...i'm okay..." he quietly says so, smiling at her even.

"n-no you're not! stop it! stop trying to act like everything's okay! " she started to yell at him, her tears dripping onto his cheek.

"i guess....it's fate."

"what are you talking about?! please just don't talk! i-i'm sure help will...will come soon!" she grabs onto his hand tightly and reassured him.

he left out a weak chuckle.

"you're...not even sure."

she didn't reply and continue to sob as he watch.

"the mark....im...twenty five.."

kochou gasped a little, but again, not a sound came out as she grips onto his hand tighter. giyuu could feel her nails digging in to his skin.

the irk...

"no! no! no! please! this isn't happening!"

but he was numb. the pain in his chest overwhelmed the pain she was giving him on his hands.

he didn't want her to cry despite the condition he was in. she has suffered enough.

with his last breath of strength, he raised his left hand and placed it behind her head.

her sobs quietened down as she watches him does so.

with unsteady hands, he slowly pushed her head down and make it rest on his shoulders.

"at least i ate salmon daikon....and im dying in your arms." he whispers to her as he stares up at the extra bright moon.

"b..baka...what are you saying..." kochou says as she watches her tears drop on the hard rocky road.

"i..understood what you meant that day now..."

"ne...isn't the moon lovely today?"

and with that, his hand fell from her head.

she sat up again to look at him.

she took several deep breaths from the heavy sobbing, barely catching any air from the heavy atmosphere.

"DONT SLEEP! GIYUU TOMIOKA I DON'T ALLOW YOU TO! NOT YET!" she cups his cheek and sobbed.

"don't...sleep..." her hands went under his head and she places it on her chest as she wails.

she hates it. everything.

fate. the mark. the driver. the phone. herself.

she wasn't able to do anything as she hugs him while she cries on him.

then suddenly, she stopped.

due to the overwhelming shock of everything, her brain was unable to keep up with it and she collapsed.

they both lay unconcious on the ground in the dark pool of blood next to each other. her face dried with streamline of tears.

the last tear fell out from his eyes, as if implying it'll be the last time he'll cry.

"hey...at least i didn't let you die...this time."