ONE WISH

Chapter 1

"What!!" Jo Yeong stared wide-eyed at Lee Gon. The 'What' more of a shock than a question.

"Yes Yeong-ah, that's what she demanded", Lee Gon supplied while the palace staff helped him wear his coat.

"But Pyeha"

"Sorry Yeong-ah. I cannot help it. A promise is a promise." Lee Gon smiled while placing a gentle hand on Yeong's shoulder. "And besides its time you have a girlfriend and who knows she might be the one."

"I'm sorry Im bound by my sense of duty for you and nothing can waver my focus from that."

Lee Gon's eye roll at Yeong's declaration stifled a shy giggle from the palace staff.

"But Pyeha how can I leave my duty and go on a date", Yeong asked befuddled.

"Tomorrow, the Sunview restaurant at 12.30 pm, I have made reservations and you have the day off." Lee Gon declared. "Also, I have prepared a nice bouquet of magic lilies and other assorted flowers, take those along. It's the King's order." Lee Gon cooly exited with sub captain Seok Pil in tow leaving Yeong shell shocked.

2 days back

Lee Gon was attending a public event to felicitate the new Prime minister of the kingdom – Koo Seo ryeong. The citizens of the kingdom were excited to meet their newly elected PM and an outdoor ceremony was organized for the same.

"I have double checked everything," Sub captain Seok Ho Pil informed Yeong.

"Good, take your positions now." Yeong instructed Seok Ho Pil and Ahn Si-Ha.

The bodyguards were strategically placed to guard the King at all times. Seok Pil and Ahn Si-Ha stood on either sides of the stage while Yeong stood right by Lee Gon's side. The rest of the team stood at the double entry and exit points.

The citizens were already seated waiting for the ceremony to begin. Secretary Mo and Lady Noh were near the barricades heading to their V.I.P box.

"I hope she is a woman worthy of her post and doesn't try to flirt with Pyeha too much." Lady Noh remarked scrunching her nose.

"Lady Noh sshh not here we can discuss this in the palace," Secretary Mo hushed her gently as the women took careful steps forward.

"Pyeha is so handsome" "Pyeha is dashing." The women collectively swooned over Pyeha.

"Oh My God! Pyeha is so majestic looking. He is tall, dark and handsome. PM Koo is gorgeous, imagine if they get married what power couple they would make." Jeon In Ha starred dreamily as they watched PM Koo make small talk with Pyeha. Sunlight shone on his chiseled face accentuating his sharp features and PM Koo's stunning smile lit up the ceremony.

"Hey are you even listening to me?" In Ha called out her friend Myeong Seung ah whose attention was elsewhere, to the dark knight Jo Yeong. "Yah, Seung-ah Im speaking with you," In Ha hit her arm.

"Argh InHa-sshi, look what you did. I was clicking Jo Daejangnim's photo but you hit me and now its blurred." Seung-ah dissed staring at the blurred picture of Yeong.

"Why are you clicking Jo Daejangnim's photos?" In Ha asked slightly puzzled.

"Because he is the most handsome man out there", Seungah declared proudly.

"Ssshh stop making such statements in public." In Ha hushed Seungah to keep it down.

"I mean it. Pyeha is a gorgeous looking man but look at my Yeong. He is a fit, able-bodied and a sharp dresser, Aaahh." Seungah put her hand on her chest as she delightfully sighed at the majestic visual of Yeong in his dark glances, agile and tough looking as always.