『 C H A P T E R 12 : TRYING 』

Comenzar desde el principio

Aforementioned of the girls, the three's eyes landed back on the current fight in front of them, which involved the two strongest female of the 104th.

Mikasa and Ireen.

No one could tell exactly how it'd happened. All that they know was the day after Eren's trial was over, the two head back to their dorms in silence and faces contorted into various emotions. The next day both were minding own businesses and were ignoring the others pretty much. And then the day after, which is today, which is also the 8th day after the Trost battle, both were training at the open field since early morning, to the point they skipped breakfast.

The next thing they know, murmurs regarding them two fighting reached their ears and the cadets whom had nothing better to do and nowhere to go had gathered and circled them two, betting among each other of who's gonna win. Some cadets that were having trauma and going through a phase of sadness after the event with the titans even showed up. And this had became a great distraction to them from continuing wailing and crying over their lost comrades. Like Jean and Daz.

"Argggggghhhhh", the battle cry let out by Ireen became the music of the day. Throwing a punch sideways, her opponent, Mikasa, swiftly blocking it by bringing up her arm over her head, earning consistent cheers and grunts from the cheerleaders outside. The ravenette used her other hand to grab Ireen's and twisted it to her back, pressing it closer to her spine but she break free by banging her back head to Mikasa's forehead, forcing her to let go. Begrudgingly took a step backward, Mikasa saw a coming speared hand, passing by right next to her scarred cheek, and she slide away immediately in crouching form.

Had she not avoid that, it could have hit her.

Mikasa's open palm closed to a clench fist and she brought it to punch Ireen's stomach. But the shorter easily back flipped, with right leg stretch outwards hitting Mikasa squared at her chin. A spin hook-kick immediately followed up knocking Mikasa to the side despite the red-haired didn't use much of power.

"What is it Mikasa, tired already?" Ireen pitied.

Mikasa dug instantly and swept under her feet, and Ireen fall on the ground, hard. The impact knocked air out of her lungs.

Damn... That gonna stain my cloth.

Ireen rolled to the side immediately when Mikasa tried to stomp on her. "I should say that to you..." As the ravenette wheezed.

Ireen was back to her feet immediately and she lunged forward at Mikasa's waist, pushing her backwards and both fell with Ireen on top. "Well too bad. I'm far from defeat. You got to do more than this if you wish to kick that pompous-ass captain!" Ireen locked Mikasa's wrists at the exact moment the female rolled.

The position now changed with Mikasa on the top. "That short stuff bastard gonna be easy for me to handle." She broke free from Ireen's hold. But Ireen rolled over and their position changed again, with Ireen on the top.

"Hah dream on, girl. He wasn't the Strongest Humanity for no reason!"

"Why bother? I'm still ranked number 1!" She kicked Ireen's by her stomach causing her falling backwards.

"Dammit Mikasa stop leaving shoe prints on my cloth!!" Ireen flipped over.

"My bad for making you wear white..." Mikasa dug as wind blew passed her when Ireen had attempted to head-kick. For someone as short as Ireen, she was sure flexible enough to reach her legs up to her height.

"Then drop dead!"

"You can never win against me, Ireen..."

More raging conversation were thrown. While Ireen mostly had her stern looks as she throwing curses, Mikasa more to be bored looking while throwing insults. To outsiders eyes, they looked pretty much hating each other and wishing for each other's death. But to those that truly know them - like Armin and Connie - that's how they conversing; when the other party did something that dissatisfy the other one.