From Winter to Spring

Holly's Point Of View:

A few months had passed since Via introduced her boyfriend, and yes it's official now, to our family. Since then quite a bit has actually happened. Auggie and Jack got an A for their Science fair project, which was a lamp made out of a potato, and afterward Auggie told us he'd observed that parents hang out with their kid's friend's parents. It sounds a bit confusing how I state it but when Auggie mentioned this to me it did make a lot of sense.

After a while the whole 'war' thing died down a bit, Julian's rumors about Jack became more and more unbelievable and pretty much the only ones who were really on Julian's side of the 'war' were Miles and Henrey, who were his best friends.

The school play came around, this year Beecher Prep was doing a production of Into The Woods. Of course, Charlotte, Maya, Ellie, and I all tried out for different roles. Charlotte got the role of Cinderella, as we all expected, Maya and Ellie both tried out for either Little Red Ridinghood or The Bakers Wife, Ellie playing as Red and Maya getting the Bakers Wife. I, however, tried out for Jack, to the surprise of my friends, and got the role, very happy that I got to sing Giants In The Sky and Your Fault, unfortunately for me, the performances were just around the time Auggie had a series of Doctors appointments meaning no one in my family besides Via, who said she would've gone, only to have school things turn up. However, the Will's all came to support me in all the performances which actually made me feel really appreciated.

On the downside of everything Auggie's hearing got a bit worse then it was already, meaning he'd have to begin wearing hearing aids. He was really, really against the idea to begin with until he saw the hearing aids. They looked almost as though Lobot's headset in Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, for those who haven't seen that movie basically it's sideways headphones... that probably makes even less sense so I recommend just looking up pictures if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Time passed by even more and next we knew spring break was over. Around this time Via told us about something she'd been holding back, she was going to be in a play at her high school, specifically My Town, something that caused me to be extremely excited, due to being a theatre nerd. Mom and Via had a huge argument about the whole thing before something else happened.