Bakugo

This chapter is in bakugo's perspective)

I had seen Deku leave Mr. Toku's room alone. I was confused since detention let out nearly 15 minutes before but apparently he had some questions. His eyes were swollen like he had been crying but he wouldn't directly look at me.

  I've been so rude to him but for the past few months he's been so distant. He doesn't smile or hang out with his friends. Even the other students have begun to circulate rumors about him. I want to know what's upsetting him but I keep letting my pride swallow me up.

It's the next day and Deku isn't here. Maybe he was sick yesterday. "Yo Bakugo." Kirashima comes up to me and pats my back. "Did you hear the news?" His face gets all serious. "No, what's up?" He takes the empty seat next to me. "I heard that Mr. Toku sexually harassed one of the students here."

"Do you know who?" I ask. "Nah but it's probably a senior girl." My heart drops. What kind of question did Deku ask Mr. Toku? Did he expose him? I send him a text. "Where are you? The teacher is asking." I bite my lip and draw blood. No I'm asking. Because I'm worried.

No response. I feel restless and wish I could just run over to his house. Deku please. Let it be someone else.

Half way through math class I get an text back from Deku. "Sorry I felt ill today. I'll be back in class tomorrow." He's lying. Damn it, he is lying to me.

I want to run to him, ask him to tell the truth. I want to ask him why he hasn't smiled lately. I want to ask what happened. I want to hold him and tell him everything will be okay. Do I like him? I don't want to think about this stuff anymore.

I get another text. "I'm coming in to school at the end of the day to pick up my missing work." I glue my eyes to the clock. Counting every second of every minute until the last bell. I remember his fake smile as he waved to me. I should have realized it then.

The last bell rings and I hurry to the main office. I wait, leaning against the door. Deku comes in and doesn't notice me, keeping his eyes down. As soon as he collects his papers he bows and starts to leave.

I block him off. "Kacchan—" I grab his arm. "Come with me." I drag him up the stairs and onto the roof. He catches his breath and drops his bag and papers. "What question did you have for Mr. Toku?" I look into the sky and wait for his answer. "There's a rumor going around he sexually harassed one of the students."

My grip tightens in my pocket. "Is it you?" I look down and Deku's face looks horrified. Tears start to stream down his cheeks and he slowly falls to the ground. "Hey— what's wrong?" I step towards him.

"I didn't mean to. I told him I wouldn't tell anyone." I freeze. He grabs at his chest. His breathing becomes uneasy.

I watch as Deku panics.

(Word count: 543)