𝐯𝐢𝐢. confrontation

Começar do início

The sounds of howling broke the silence as the wolves entered the field. They joined the ranks, weaving through each vampire before settling among them, showcasing their camaraderie despite them being natural enemies. Only then did the Volturi falter in their steps.

Slowly and dramatically, the Volturi pulled off their hoods.

Carlisle walked forward, in front of them all, acting as the leader of all the covens present. He directly addressed the raven-haired leader. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle," Aro replied, his voice cold and rather emotionless. "But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us."

"I can promise you, that was never my intent," Carlisle assured, his tone and careful words all due to his formality. "No laws have been broken."

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools," Caius accused.

"She is not an immortal!" Carlisle announced. "These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look." He gestured to his granddaughter. "See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!"

"I will collect every facet of the truth," Aro lifted a hand to stop Caius from speaking further. "But from someone more central to the story...Edward." The said man stiffened slightly. "As the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." Aro then offered his hand.

Edward shared a look with his wife and daughter before walking towards the other side of the field, his footsteps making imprints on the snow. Ariadne could see Bella attempt to shield her husband, but he was too far and out of her reach.

The second Aro took a hold of Edward's hand, his eyes went unfocused. A few seconds passed before he let go. "I'd like to meet her."

After sharing a look with her husband, Bella herself began trudging forward, holding her daughter's hand tightly, and with Jacob following close behind them. All the Cullens seemed to shift stances at this. Before she walked too far, she turned back towards Emmett, who was known to be strongest they have.

Emmett didn't hesitate to join his sister.

"Ah, young Bella," Aro's smile wasn't friendly, his eyes creepily looking up and down Bella's form. "Immortality becomes you." A sinister laugh then escaped his lips, pointing at Renesmee as if she was part of a circus. "I hear her strange heart."

The poor child looked towards her mother for reassurance before slowly approaching Aro who held a hand out.

"Hello, Aro," Renesmee greeted, but instead of placing her hand on his, she opted to place her hand on his cheek, using her abilities to show her memories.

"Magnifico," Aro muttered, his lips trembling in what seemed to be excitement. "Half mortal...half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human."

"Impossible!" Caius exclaimed, but a single look from Aro had him shut his mouth quickly.

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?"

"...Bring the informer forward."

Irina obediently walked forward, with every member of the Volturi surrounding her.

"Is that the child you saw?" Caius asked, his voice low. Irina looked like she was about to cry if she could.

"Jane--"

"She's changed," Irina admitted. "This child is bigger."

"Then your allegations were false."

It was then that Ariadne read Caius' goal. Without even realizing, she began slowly walking forward, with Alistair's confused calls blocked out by her sudden determination.