"I told you, it's not necessary. I dance great," Peter said.

"Nonsense. You're way too stiff when you're dancing. That's why I always make fun of you at birthday parties." She looked through her collection of records, before finally picking one and putting it on. "Come on, don't be embarrassed." She gestured with her hand to him. He gave me a look of frustration before walking over to her. I watched as Ms. May showed Peter a few basic dance moves. She was right. He did look pretty stiff.

After a song or two, she started to teach him how to dance with a partner. I watched as Ms. May showed Peter where to put his hands. His shoulders looked so tense. His eyes focused on the floor. He was trying so hard. His face held an expression of concentration. Ms. May bumped his chin up. "Don't look at your feet, look at me." He was struggling. Ms. May's shoulders dropped, stopping. She sighed dramatically before looking over at me. Her eyes lit up. "Marina, come here."

My eyes widen. "What? No, I'm okay."

"Come on. I bet you're a great dancer. Please help Peter."

Peter looked at me with puppy eyes. "I need all the help I can get."

I looked away sighing. I placed my camera and bag on their sofa before going over to them. Ms. May placed me in front of Peter. Because of my heels, we were the same height. I could look him directly in the eye. It was different from looking up at him. You wouldn't think there was a difference, but there was. It was like I was able to capture everything because of it or something. Ms. May placed one of Peter's hands into mine, before placing the other right above my hip. The contact surprised me even though I knew it was coming. "Now, put your hand on his shoulder," Ms. May told me.

I slowly placed my hand on his shoulder. I could feel Ms. May's hand on my back, pushing me a bit closer to him. She took it off once we were close.

I couldn't look away from his eyes. They were intimidating for some reason, but I still couldn't look away. I had looked at them so many times before, what made this time so special? Was it because we were so close or was it because we were on the same level? Was it a combination of both? Why was it making me feel so vulnerable? What was happening?

Peter looked at his aunt. "This doesn't feel right," he told her. I could feel his hand slowly leaving mine. That small action made me hold onto his hand tighter. I didn't want him to let go. That made him look at me weirdly and his eyebrows raised. "You feeling alright?" He laughed.

No, I wasn't feeling alright.

I ended up not saying anything.

"That's just because you've never done it before. Stop complaining," Ms. May said. "Now, look into Marina's eyes and do as I say."

Peter did just that. It was all so surreal. The moment his eyes looked back at me I knew. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. I was too aware of his brown eyes. They were the same shade of brown as coffee. Peter had coffee brown eyes. I was too aware of his hand above my waist and the fact that there was only one layer of fabric between his hand and my skin. I was too aware of his hand in mine and the feeling that it created inside me. It was warm and it brought me comfort; just like my green sofa; just like when I rested my forehead against his back. Only this time, it was far more powerful.

How could this have happened to me? I didn't understand it at all. Everything was foggy in my head. Nothing made sense.

I didn't get crushes. I haven't gotten a crush since that little boy in my 3rd-grade class ripped my Valentine's heart I made for him in front of me. I didn't get attachments to people. I made sure of that. I found people attracted. I kiss them. I made out with them. I touched their body. I moved on. Never, though, never did I feel any way like the way I was feeling now.

Was it really possible? Did I have a crush on Peter?

"Okay, now spin her," Ms. May said. Peter's hand left my side. He brought my other hand up. I awkwardly spin underneath our collective hands. "Good. Now grab her other hand." I felt his other hand slip into mine so easily just like before on the bus. "Now pull away and then pull in." The music stopped just as we stood close to each other. Both my hands were in his and both were stretched on either side of me. Our noses could be touching if I moved just a bit closer. I liked his eyes. I really liked his eyes. I wondered if he liked mine. "That was great!" Ms. May said.

Peter pulled away. He slipped his hands out from mine like it didn't mean anything to him. He looked over to his aunt and started talking about how he couldn't wait to show Liz his dance moves. He was unaffected while I was longing for him to look at me again. My eyes looked down at my hands. They felt less now that they weren't attached to his.

Crap. Shit. Fuck. I liked Peter Parker. I liked him a lot.