Chapter 3: Kirito's Discovery

Start from the beginning

"Maybe she has some things to do in IRL. She will join us for a quest eventually, don't worry about it." Recon reassures her. 

"I suppose you're right, but I am worried about her. " She said, as she looked at Erika, "How about I treat you to a dinner? As a thank you and I can answer some questions you may have about this world." 

They sat together, as Erica asked, "I was going to ask, what is the World Tree? I heard it from a friend but I really don't know what it is exactly." 

"Oh, that. It is a lot of people want to go there. It's a place that has a barrier around it because there were players wanted to climb there to beat the ultimate quest. 

Other players tried to hop onto each others' backs to climb, but it failed at that attempt. 

Also, it was rumored there was a floating castle within the tree and a king resides there. That drives people to try to beat that quest to see who is victorious . 

My honest option, I think that it's absolutely nuts to try to go into the World Tree, besides, it's basically a suicide mission." 

Erika said, walking towards the door, "I'm going . There's someone I need to see. He's waiting for me. " 

Mizuki sees the determination in her new friend's eyes, as if it was important for her to go there. 

"If you're that serious... then I'll be your escort! I'll help you get to the World Tree. I suppose that you know how to get there, I assumed?"

Erika sweats, of that she hasn't the slightest idea, "Ok, you got me. Thanks for the help." 

"Hey, it's ok if you needed help, that's what friends are for. Here's my friend request. " 

She pulled out a friend acceptance request, as Erika looks at it. It reminded her of how she first met Kirito and didn't have the slightest idea that he was her everything, the most important person she ever loved. 

_______________________________________________________________________

At the World Tree, Kirito was still in his bird-cage prison, as that he was certain that someone would rescue him. 

"Ah, hello, Kazuto." He heard an familiar voice, which annoyed the boy with a terrible reply, "Oh, it's plainly you. 

Sugou. " 

"Ah, no, you really can't call me that by name here. In here, I'm King Oberon. In here, all the fairies believe I'm sort of a myth, a fable that they wanted to beat. " 

"You're really are a sick person, manipulation is really want for all players to believe." Kirito replied to him. 

Oberon chuckled, "Perhaps. But who knows. No one would ever attempt to find what's above the World Tree. 

By the way, there's something you should know , Kirito. I visited your hospital room, and also someone was there too. 

What was her name? Ah, yes. I believe it was.. 

Yukki Asuna." 

Hearing her name shocked Kirito. He never wanted her to be in danger, and thus that seeing the terror on Kirito's eyes filled Oberon with glee. 

"That expression, oh, how marvelous it is! She's very protective of you when we encounter each other. " 

That sprung anger onto Kirito, as he was about to punch Oberon, but the boy couldn't as the strength he had was restricted. 

"Ah, you can't do that. I have the power here. You're a bird I intend to keep. I wouldn't want anyone to disrupt my plans." Oberon said. 

He leaves Kirito as his knees fell to the ground, shaken of the encounter of their conversation.