"You've got dirt on your nose. Did you know? Just there." She said, pointing to a part on her nose. Then she left.

"She seems nice." I said in full honesty.

"She seems nuts." Ron replied. I rolled my eyes.

We now arrived at Hogwarts. We walked down the hallway and started up the stairs to where a tall lady with a big black hat was standing.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," she said. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

She looked around at us. Everyone tried perfecting anything that might have seemed off about their looks.

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."
She left the chamber.

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?" Harry asked.

"Some sort of test, I think. Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking." Ron said. It didn't look like Harry felt reassured about that.

"So it's true then?" I heard a voice come from behind us. I turned to see a boy with Blonde hair. "What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Whispers started to form around the area.

The boy walked a little closer. "This is Crabbe. Goyle." He said, looking at the two boys next to him.

"And I'm Draco." He said as he walked in front of Harry and us.

I gave a small chuckle which immediately made him turn around to face me.

"You think my names funny, do you?" He stated.

"Yeah. Actually I do." I replied, stepping forward. "Perfect robes and a nasty attitude. You must be a Malfoy."

He gave me a rude look and turned back to Harry.

"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter." He stated. "You don't want to go around making friends with the wrong sort."

He looked at Ron and me. I wanted to punch his stupid little face.

"I can help you there." He said as he turned back to Harry and held out his hand.

Harry stares down at the hand. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry replied, rejecting the handshake. Malfoy frowned and walked back to Crabbe and Goyle.

"Move along now," a familiar voice said. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start."

Professor McGonagall had returned. "Now, form a line and follow me."

She opened the door to the Dining Hall. There were students in the higher classes all sorted into their houses. Most stared at the first years walking down, while others were just talking with their friends. We walked down the center of the room. A chair and a hat were at the end of our path.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," Professor McGonagall said. "Hannah, Abbott!"

A blonde haired girl walked out of the line. She sat down on the chair, with some fear in her eyes. Mrs. McGonagall put the hat on her. A few moments later the hat shouted, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table. A few more names were called until we heard a familiar one.

"Hermione Granger!" She exclaimed. Hermione looked like she had a little fear in her eyes, but once the sorting hat screamed "GRYFFINDOR!" the fear immediately turned to a smile. She walked over to the Gryffindor table, while everyone there cheered and clapped. A few more people went until it was yet another familiar name.

"Draco, Malfoy." He walked over to the chair like he ruled the place. And without even touching his head, the sorting hat immediately called out "SLYTHERIN!".

Next few people went. Then it was Ron's turn.

"Ronald, Weasly." He slowly walked over there, completely scared. Once the hat touched his head, it screamed "BOO!" That made Ron jump.

"Another Weasly. I know just what to do with you!" The sorting hat said. "GRYFFINDOR!" Ron's face felt relief as he sat down at Gryffindor's table.

"Y/N, Weasly." I thought they were being babies for being so scared, but once my name was said, I felt a nervous shock go through my body as well. I sat down and the hat was put on top of my head.

"Another Weasly, ey. Hmmm but this one is different." I didn't like the sound of that. "More daring....hmm yes...more sly then the others. Mmm better be....SLYTHERIN!"

What?!