Chapter 50 Shirabe's Anger

Comenzar desde el principio

Kurumada: "This isn't just a problem for our soccer club anymore. This is a fight for all of jr. high school soccer around the nation!"

Nishiki: "Yeah! War, war! We'll do it!"

Shinsuke: "Let's do it, Tenma! Fifth Sector is afraid of us! That just shows how strong we've gotten, right?"

Hamano: "Besides, this is all from the wind you started, Tenma. It's not like you'd stop now."

Tenma: "But I..."

Aoi: "What's wrong? The wind you started is finally putting Fifth Sector on the move. Isn't that amazing?"

Tenma: "Yeah, but..."

Shindou: "Everyone, let's win against Arakumo Academy and move onto the finals. Tenma, the other schools must also be wanting to play soccer freely like us. Let's face Fifth Sector even more boldly with those feelings. We'll stir up an even bigger wind!"

Everyone looked at Tenma expectedly.

Tenma: "Um... If we keep up this battle, won't more schools end up getting closed down because of us?"

Everyone: !

Tenma: "I'm sure a lot of jr. high school students right now are in a lot of trouble because they don't have a school. When I start thinking about those people, I get kind of scared... So... I'm sorry!"

Then Tenma bowed and quickly ran out the clubroom.

Shinsuke: "Tenma!"

Aoi: "Tenma!"

Hikaru: "Wait!"

Tsurugi: "Leave him alone."

Shinsuke: "But..."

Tsurugi: "That's the best thing to do for now."

I looked over at the door.

Tenma-kun must be feeling guilty... but I kind of understand. Our goal was to bring back real soccer by not using fear, and yet...

3rd POV

Tenma ran away and ended up at the riverbank. He started questioning himself about soccer. Tsurugi was watching him afar.

???: "...Matsukaze-san?"

He quickly turned around and gasped.

Tenma: "S-Saegusa-senpai..."

Shirabe: "....."

The two were silent.

Shirabe: "...This might be a weird time but... Matsukaze-san there's something I've always wanted to say to you."

Tenma: "Eh?"

Shirabe: "...I've always thought of you as a hypocrite."

Tenma: "What..."

Shirabe: "Ever since the first day of school, I've been watching you and everyone in Raimon. It's thanks to you that Raimon has changed and yet..."

Shirabe glared at Tenma.

Shirabe: "I find it annoying."

Tenma: !

Shirabe: "You go on and on about playing soccer seriously and yet, you know nothing."

Tenma: "W-What do you mean...?"

Shirabe: "The world is full of many painful things, and many have already given up on it. But you... you haven't gone through anything painful and now I bet you're realizing the harshness of the world."

Tenma: "I..."

Shirabe: "I don't care what any of you think of me anymore. But... You know nothing about the pain we hold, I don't want to hear you saying things like you want to play it seriously!"

Tenma: ! "W-We...?"

Shirabe: "Kiri-chan and I. We've gone through unimaginable experiences that I still wonder why we're here today. I call you a hypocrite because you have no idea what it means to suffer, so you spout nonsense."

Tenma was completely speechless while Shirabe continued to glare at him until she started leaving.

Shirabe POV

After I let out some of anger I started walking around the shops. But just thinking about Matsukaze seemed to make me a little annoyed. Until...

!

???: wHY aRe YoU dOIng tHis to mE? I'M tRyiNg mY BeSt...!

"No..."

I put my hand on my head.

"I...I should be the one saying that...after all you..."

When I closed my eyes I could see a hand about to hit me.

!

I quickly opened my eyes again to see no one was there.

*pant pant*

"...Will you ever escape from my dreams..."

I quickly ran to the parking lot and when I got there...

"Huh? Father?"

Dad turned around and I ran up to him.

"Ah, Yuuka-nee you're here too?"

Yuuka: "It's been a while, Shirabe-chan."

"Yes... good to see you."

I smiled at her.

"What are the two of you doing here?"

Ishido: "Just some business is all."

"I see..."

I paused before speaking again.

"Today... will you be home?"

Ishido: !

Dad looked surprised but then smiled.

Ishido: "Yeah."

I smiled brightly.

"I see...! Yuuka-nee would you like to come over too?"

Yuuka: "That would be nice. It's been while since I had your cooking, Shirabe-chan."

"I can't wait...!"

3rd POV

As Shirabe was smiling with Ishido and Yuuka, a figure far away was frozen.

Tsurugi: "Saegusa-senpai... is Ishido-san's daughter...?"