Chapter One: Hello Skirts

A/N- in this world, you're Two-Bit's sister, so you stop him from smashing in windows at school, so Dally doesn't take the blame and go to jail

I wake up on April 23rd feeling ecstatic.
Mom let me go shopping with Evie last week during spring break. So tomorrow at school, I can finally reinvent myself.
Not that I even need to reinvent myself, I just want to stop wearing Two-Bit's old jeans and shirts. I saved up my money for months.
Between working at the DX, my birthday, and Christmas (and selling Two's old clothes), I had enough to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Because I have work today, I tuck my DX shirt into my yellow skirt.
I walk out of my room and into the living room where Two-Bit, Mickey, and Mom are.
Mom's getting herself and Mickey ready while Two-Bit's just drinking a beer.
"What did I say about drinking in front of Michelle?" Mom scolds.

"It's Mickey! My name's Mickey!" My sister jumps up and down.
"Sorry, Mickey," Mom sighs, "I'm dropping your sister off and heading to work."
She walks out and I turn to my brother.
"Woah? Who're you?" He laughs, "Have you seen my sister? Y/N. Usually dressed in all black and wears as much makeup as a clown does.

"Ha,ha," I roll my eyes.
"It's true! What happened to you?" Two-Bit laughs.
"I got new clothes," I shrug, "And since my clothes look good, there's no need for makeup."
"Yeah, 'cuz that logic makes sense," He stands up.
He grabs his car keys and puts on his leather jacket.

"We going to the DX?" I ask.
"Why? Hoping to see Mr. Randle?" Two-Bit wiggles his eyebrows.
"Because I work there," I open the door, "Also, I haven't had a crush on Steve since like... first grade."
"I don't know, you guys flirt an awful lot," He walks to his car.

"His girlfriend is my bestfriend," I remind him, "Plus, what you call flirting, we call talking. We're friends, Two."
"All I'm saying is that I wouldn't kind him as a brother-in-law," Two-Bit starts his car.
He drives us to the DX and I rush to go behind the counter. I pull out the tip jar and count the money in the register like I do everyday.

"Hey, are you looking for something?" A voice wearily asks.
I look up to see Sodapop, "I work here?"
"Oh, Y/N," He looks surprised, "Sorry... you just... look different. Are you not wearing makeup?"
I shake my head and smile, "I got new clothes, too."
"It looks nice," He smiles, "You should go natural more often."

"I think that I will," I tell him.
"Hey, Sodapop, we got a broken engine," Steve walks in, and sees me, "Lookin' good, N/N."
"Thanks, Steve," I wave.
I take note of the starting money of the day, and buy myself a packet of cigarettes.
"Y/N! We're here for the Pepsis!" I head Dallas shout.

"Get 'em yourself!" I shout back.
"Four Pepsis," Two-Bit places them in the counter.
"Forty cents," I hold out my hand.
"Hey, any discount for the sibling to an employee?" He grins.
"Forty cents," I repeat.
"Yeah, yeah," He hands me four dimes.

"Hey, Y/N," Pony smiles, "You look nice."
"Thanks, Pony," I put the money in the register.
"Yeah, you look... different," Johnny nods.
"Ew, quit flirtin' with my sister," Two-Bit pushes them out.
One Pepsi's left on the counter.
I sigh and grab another pack of cigarettes, putting my own money in the register.

"My soda still here?" Dallas walks from the bathroom, "Oh. Y/N. What happened to you?"
"What do you mean what happened?" I furrow my eyebrows.
"I genuinely thought that you were a depressed clown," He says seriously, I hit his shoulder and he smiles. "No, but you look good, man."

"Thanks Dal," I tell him, "What're you guys doing?"
"Going to the diner," Dallas shrugs, "Johnny wanted to hang out here today, but I told him no. So we're going to the Nightly Double tonight, you coming?"
"Sure," I nod, "Here."
I slide him the cigarettes and he grins.
"Gee, Thanks, man!" He grabs it and walks out, "See ya tonight!"

Since I only worn part time, when the clock hits eleven, I'm out. I change into an extra blouse Evie had in the back and I start walking parallel to the train tracks. But I don't get far before a blue mustang pulls up.
"Hey, pretty lady, you new in town?" A soc asks, "What's your name?"
Bob Sheldon. Basically the leader of the high school socs. He doesn't scare me, but he sure does depress the hell out of me.

He just wanted to be yelled at once. But everyone bows at his feet.
"I'm Y/N... But actually, I forgot something back at the DX," I turn around, only for them to follow me.
"Hop in, we'll give you a ride," Randy Adderson, another soc sweetly smiles.
It's not that I don't trust them, it's just that they're soc.
"Yeah, in exchange for a little backseat bingo!" David Bernard snorts.

"Don't be vulgar, David," Bob sighs.
"I'm fine, really," I tell them, "No worries."
"Well, it's just that greasers work there-" Bob begins.
"I work there," I face him, "I'm grease. I just put a skirt on and took makeup off. If I dressed how I usually do, you guys would've jumped me."
"W-We don't jump girls," Randy says, "Sorry for bothering you."

"Stay safe," Bob rolls his window up and drives off.
I head back to the DX and hang out with Sodapop and Steve until their shifts end. When they're done, Sodapop drives to the Nightly Double. He parks outside, so we each only pay twenty five cents to get in. We meet up with the rest of the gang and watch.
"I thought movies weren't your thing," I sit in between Dallas and Sodapop.

"It's worth a try," Sodapop shrugs.
"They're showing Muscle Beach Party," Dallas leans close to my ear.
"Oh yeah, you'd like that, huh?" I joke.
"Nah, I'm more of a personality type of guy, ya know?" He shakes his head, "What about you?"
"Me? I'm as vain as they come," I say, "I'm definitely in it for a nice body."

"In what? You've never had a boyfriend," Two-Bit says, all the way on the other end of the row, "Or a kiss."
"Whatever, that'll change this year," I shrug, "I'll finally go out of my comfort zone."
"This is not what I thought you meant when you said guy time," I hear a familiar voice.

"It's the perfect place to pick up chicks."
Bob and Randy sit behind us, and I and smile at them.
"Hey, Y/N," Bob smiles.
Dallas turns around and furrows his eyebrows.
"Sorry, didn't know you had a boyfriend..." he blushes.
"I don't," I eye Dallas, "He's just a friend. Don't let him intimidate you."

"Are you here with all of them?" Randy asks.
"Yeah, they're my gang," I nod.
"Oh," Bob says, "We'll see you at school tomorrow, right?"
"Right," I turn around, "I'll see you guys tomorrow."
Maybe changing my looks really did make a difference...

A/N- Don't forget to check out my other Outsiders books on my profile! Golden Girl, That Cade Girl, and Perfect.

Different Kinda Love (Dallas Winston X Reader X Sodapop Curtis)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara