Chapter 49 Real Sides

Start from the beginning

Everyone turned at the voices before hiding.

Kirara: "And just like I promised! These are on me! Mm

Kirara: "And just like I promised! These are on me! Mm... these are good too!"

Kirara: "Come on, you don't have to be that mad

Kirara: "Come on, you don't have to be that mad. These aren't that bad, are they?"

Shirabe: "That's not what I'm mad about."

Kirara: "Eh? Then what is?"

Shirabe: "... It's not mad but more like worried."

Kirara: "... You're still worried if any of the Raimon Team saw us?"

Shirabe: "Can you blame me? Especially after you "tested" them."

Kirara: "Hey, I'm quite generous actually. I know deep down you had a blast on stage."

Shirabe: "You're missing the point..."

Kirara and Shirabe quickly eat their food and threw their paper bags away.

Kirara: "Come on, stop worrying! Isn't this festival suppose to wash your worries away?"

Shirabe: "Well..."

Suddenly the two stopped at the noise of crying. When they looked to the right they saw a boy crying on his knees.

Kirara: "What's a kid doing here?"

Shirabe: "I don't know but..." !

Kirara: "Wha- Shirabe what are you...?!"

Shirabe quickly started running towards the boy and then that's when Kirara noticed. There were a pile of boxes about to fall on the boy...! Shirabe quickly got over to the boy.

Shirabe: There isn't enough time...!

Shirabe wrapped her arms around the boy and covered him from the boxes but...

Shirabe: "Huh?"

Shirabe couldn't feel anything fall on her and when she opened her eyes she saw the boxes on the ground next to her.

Shirabe: "Kiri-chan...!"

Shirabe looked over to Kirara who had the shadow of her Avatar out. The shadow had knocked the boxes out of the way and Kirara quickly made her shadow disappear.

Kirara: "Geez... warn me next time, will you? Obviously no one saw what my Avatar looks like because I only brought my shadow but still."

Shirabe: "Thank you Kiri-chan."

Kirara: "Anytime for you Shirabe."

Boy: "Mama..."

The two girls looked at the boy and smiled.

Kirara: "Hey now, you're a boy why are you crying?"

Boy: "Eh? W-Well..." *sniff*

Kirara: "It can't be helped."

Kirara walked over and took one of the boy's hand while Shirabe already was holding one.

Shirabe: "We'll help you find our Mom, okay?"

Boy: "Really?"

Kirara: "Yeah because the two of us are the Ultimate Duo!"

Boy: "Ultimate Duo?"

Shirabe: "Mhm. So don't worry."

The two smiled at the boy and soon enough he started smiling back. Meanwhile...

Akane: "They're helping that boy..."

Midori: "Not to mention they saved him too."

Shinsuke: "Maybe Kirara-san is more nice than I thought..."

Tenma smiled at the sight. While Miria had a sad look on her face, wondering what would happen in the future. Soon enough, the girls had found the boy's mother.

Mother: "Thank you so much...!"

Shirabe: "It's not a problem."

Kirara: "Just keep an eye out next time, kay?"

Mother: "Yes, thank you again..."

Boy: "Bye bye! Onee-chans!"

Kirara: "Bye! Don't get lost next time!"

Kirara and Shirabe waved to the boy with a smile on their face.

Shirabe: "Today was surprising..."

Kirara: "But good surprises right?"

Shirabe: "I guess..."

Kurama: "I doubt that...!"

Shirabe and Kirara quickly turned around to see Kurama and soon everyone else quickly coming out behind him.

Shirabe: "...Kurama-san... everyone too..."

Shirabe looked away.

Kurama: "Drop the act already."

Miria: "Kurama-senpai...!"

Shirabe looked back at everyone with unreadable eyes.

Kurama: "...This was the reason why Coach Kidou said to keep our revolution plans a secret from you wasn't it?!"

Shirabe: "...So they knew. They knew from the beginning, I had feeling... They already started calling me by my first name already after all."

Aoi: "Saegusa-senpai..."

Shirabe: "...It doesn't what you think of me anymore. Don't worry I'll quit the soccer club after this. Kiri-chan, let's go."

Kirara: "...Okay."

Miria: "Shirabe-chan..."

Everyone watched as the two started leaving. When Kirara and Shirabe got away far enough, Shirabe had a blank expression.

Kirara: "Shirabe, are you sure-"

Shirabe: "I'm sure."

Shirabe turned to Kirara, her face was still blank.

Shirabe: "...We were enemies from the beginning after all. Plus... I only need you, Mom, and Dad."

Kirara: "...Shirabe..."

Shirabe turned around and started walking away.

Shirabe: That's right... I don't need anyone else... I just need those I have now.