𝟬𝟯. let's get some air

Start from the beginning

"I remember you trying to fix your broken leg in shop class and you fainted and you had to be rushed to the hospital." Ryan explained.

"I have never seen so much blood in my life. I couldn't even sleep the next few nights because I was so horrified." Natalie reminded in fear as she didn't like the sight of the boy's blood.

"I actually enjoyed the sight of Spyder being in pain and then afterwards, I got a really good roast beef sandwich from the cafeteria." Hana exclaimed happily as she remembered her delicious sandwich. The only thing the girl thinks about is either others in pain or any delicious food she loves.

"Yeah, your surgery was crowdfunded." Harris pointed out.

"I still have the t-shirt." Ryan unbuttoned his plaid shirt to reveal the t-shirt that the two girls had designed to support Spyder's surgery.

"My room smelled like sharpies for a week." Natalie said in disgust at the remembrance of the smell.

Suddenly, Harris groaned in pain and everyone rushed back over to the boy's side. "You ok?" Spyder asked worryingly.

"No, I accidentally ate some of that stuff the monster is made of." Harris confirmed.

"Did it taste disgusting like cat food?" Spyder asked and Harris gave him a weird look.

"You were the one, who ate my cats food." Natalie said and Spyder quickly looked away in shame. There was once an incident where she had caught the boy actually having a taste of her cats food.

"Or awesome like dog food." Spyder quickly covered up and everyone gave him a weird look.

"But the monster ooze.....it's turning me into something not human. It does look like if I had a sample of that substance, I could reverse engineer an antidote." Harris explained.

"Great, we can cure you." Mark cheered.

"We can get you some more ooze. We just....." Ryan started to say but got quickly cut off by Harris's stomach growling.

"Uh, we'll just draw a new monster out by using Mech X4 as bait." Ryan finished.

"You know or we could just find that glowy orb thing from the first fight." Spyder added.

"Yeah, we can......Wait! What?" Ryan asked in confusion.

The boy then led the entire team back upstairs to the control centre and over to his desk. Spyder plopped down in his chair and everyone gathered around him to watch the video that he pulled up. It was a video of the team's last fight and it filmed by none other than his high school crush, Cassie Park.

"And then at the end, the robot just liquified that thing and I saw it first. If you share this, you must credit Cassie Park." She announced on screen.

They all watched as the robot destroyed the monster. Spyder stopped the video at a certain part before putting a white circle around the orb, so everyone could see what he was talking about.

"Ok, so, the whole monster turned into ooze, except for that object? It kinda looks like the monster's heart." Ryan pointed out.

"I watched this video and didn't notice that orb, how did you?" Harris asked Spyder in disbelief.

"Well, after the 100th viewing, you start to spot stuff. Like she has eighteen tiny wrinkles when she smiles, one for every month of the year." Spyder smiled as he daydreamed about Cassie.