"Trollex? Trollex, what happened, are you ok?" Queen Essence's face took up the screen again, glancing around for a moment before huffing. She turned off screen again to address King Quincy. "I'm going to check on him, you stay put!" And with that, the call cut off.

The young king groaned, rubbing his sore head. "I'm going to have a goose egg after all this..." He pushed himself upright, and then drifted up into the air.

It was then that Trollex noticed a rather cute, smaller version of Quincy's cape lying on a dresser near him.

Oh, he couldn't help himself!

He picked up the sparkly cape, eyes shining as he looked it over. Maybe he could... He threw the cape around his shoulders and darted to a nearby mirror, admiring his reflection as he posed with the cape.

With a small spin, he decided to test his acting skills. Taking up a stoic, serious pose he took up a deep voice, clearly trying to mimic the king. "I'm King Quincy, and I'm tall and intimidating! Even though I bake delicious food."

He let out a shriek when he heard a giggle from the doorway. "If I hadn't just left my husband in the other room, I'd have thought I walked in on him!"

Trollex was now wrapped around a nearby decorative pillar, shaking slightly as he tried to hide the cape while simultaneously trying to remove it. "Q-Q-Queen Essence! U-Um I-it's a p-pleasure to make my—I mean your! Your acquaintance...officially..."

Essence only laughed softly, stepping forward and taking the cape from Trollex with a gentle touch, only to drape it over the aquatic troll's shoulders again. "I had it brought in for you, though my husband thought it would be cute to send you one like his own..." She shook her head. "I had planned on a plain cloak." She wrapped it a little tighter on him. "It can get cold in Vibe city, this will keep you warm."

He stared up at queen Essence, not completely understanding why the older troll was being so gentle and kind. "Um, pardon if I'm being rude, but... Why are you being so nice to me?"

The Queen hummed softly, looking away from Trollex as she thought. "Why? Because you're a troll, too." She smiled sweetly down at him. "Plus, you remind me a little of my sons..."

He tilted his head a little. "How old are your sons anyway, Queen Essence?"

She turned to leave the room, beckoning him to follow. "They're 20, but please Trollex, no need for titles. You can relax around us."

Trollex smiled brightly, zipping forward to float next to Essence as they made their way to their destination. "Oh! They're only a little older than me then!"

Essence stopped dead in her tracks, staring at Trollex as he floated past her, not noticing right away that she had stopped. "Wait, Trollex, how old are you...?"

Trollex finally turned around, tilting his head slightly as his fins perked a bit. He was a little confused by Essence's distraught look. "Um, 19, why?"

She stood stock still for a moment; staring slack jawed at Trollex before she finally composed herself. "You're... you're only 19? Trollex I don't think there's ever been a troll as young as you with the king title...! Where are your parents? They should be in charge still at your age...!"

Trollex flinched, clutching at his heart like he had been physically struck by Essence's words. "I... They're gone. They died when I was 15, eaten by a shark on a family outing..."

He didn't have any time to react once he had finished speaking, letting out a yelp as Essence suddenly pulled him into a tight hug, nearly crushing him into her chest. "Oh you poor baby... Oh, I can't believe... I was so insensitive..." She gently petted his hair, maternal instincts kicking in HARD.