Chapter 2

'Your name is Sebastian?' Diaspro asked, trying to make sure that she heard him right the first time

'I am called whatever name the young mistress deems worthy of me,' the butler answered with a smile on his face and a hand to the chest.

'So it's not Sebastian?' the boy let out a helpless sigh and reached for the necklace around her neck. He took it off in a swift motion before she could even protest and opened it.

She fell back as a wave of memories flooded her mind. It showed her everything collected from the day Diaspro was born up until recently, they were small flashes of short scenes but they were enough for her to gather the basic information that she needed to know.

She is the daughter of King Mica and Queen Garnet of Isis, making her the princess. Currently 6 years old, she is loved and very much spoiled by her parents. Her name is Diaspro, the fairy of gems.

The last memory fragment that she came across played out longer than the rest. It was the most recent one, dating back to only a few days ago.

Little Diaspro followed behind her mother's skirt as they entered an unfamiliar throne room. Compared to the one in Isis, this one seemed far more spacious and better decorated. With gold lining the walls and luxurious red carpet covering the floors, it was grand.

A servant led them to the main throne, where they came face to face with the High King and Queen of Eraklyon. The royalties gave their customary greetings to each other and almost immediately, the two kings started a heated conversation about who-knows-what while the queens were led to the garden to enjoy afternoon refreshments.

Diaspro sat quietly with the two queens under the pavilion, quietly sipping her iced mango juice as they drank tea, her mother on the left, and Queen Samara on her right. She fiddled with the ends of the white laced tablecloth, silently listening to small talks from the queens. Their interactions consisted of anything from the weather to their respective country's latest business venture.

She glanced up to the top of the table where plates upon plates of bite-sized confectionaries lay neatly near the center. Not too close neither too far away for the hand to reach. She eyed the fruit tart that was across from her and suppressed all the bones in her body to not jump up and snatch it right off its plate, into her mouth. If it were only her mother and her present, she would do it. After all, she was her princess.

Unfortunately, she just finished a shortcake slice not long ago and had to wait before consuming something else.

'I'm bored,' Diaspro thought as she puffed her cheeks out and glanced around, silently hoping for time to pass quicker. Other than them, there were three servants in the pavilion, each standing beside the chair of a royal, ready to be of any assistance. Surrounding them was a small clear lake with multicolored pebbles at the bottom. The water reflected the afternoon sun. It was neither hot nor bright, just the perfect temperature for tea.

A short bridge connected the smooth marble floor to the green, grassy ground. In the distance, you could see guards and more maids waiting near the garden entrance in case of any emergencies.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE!" a loud shout broke the peace, making the queens stop in mid-conversation.

The bushes near them shook violently and a snow-white cat came running out, followed by two young hazardous looking boys. With their hair filled with twigs and leaves and clothes covered in dirt, both jumped at the cat at the same time.

"Oof," they collided with each other as they landed and burst out laughing. The white creature has managed to escape and hopped into the arms of a very confused and surprised Diaspro.

"What is the meaning of this?" the sharp tone of Queen Samara cut off the boys' laughter. They both glanced up and noticed the occupants in the garden.

"Mother!" One of them jumped to his feet 'I can explain!' he pleaded. He had blonde hair and clear blue eyes.

"Your highness," the other boy got up and bowed deeply body stiff. "We were just-"

"Silence," the queen cut him off with a sharp glare. She then waved her hand and the maid that was previously serving her was now by her side. "Get these boys cleaned up and ready by lunch"

The maid nodded her head and with two others, they brought them to bathe.

The red-haired queen turned back around to face them, her expression calm with a soft smile playing on her lips. "I'm sorry you had to witness that, boys can really be a handful when they're young,"

Diaspro unconsciously hugged the cat closer to her as she felt a shiver run down her spine as the queen approached her.

"It seems that cat is quite fond of you," The queen crouched down to her height and stroked the white cat's soft head, the feline purred in response, leaning into her palm. "She usually runs away from everyone who tries to touch her, Claude was the only exception,"

"Who's Claude?" Little Diaspro could not stop herself from asking.

Queen Samara looked up and smiled at her, a dangerous glint present in her eyes. She raised her hand and stroked the young princess's soft cheek, her fingers slim and unusually cold despite the warm afternoon.

"You'll meet him soon, he's -,"

The vision became blurry and all the sounds were muffled, Diaspro couldn't hear what the Queen said when she was suddenly transported back to the bedroom. She blinked several times and rubbed her eyes that still felt cloudy from the memory fragment before turning towards the butler who was waiting by her side, with a worried look on his face.

"W-what happened?" Diaspro croaked out, the sound coming out raspy. She immediately brought her hand to her throat, only to retract it back when it met cold skin and sticky strands of hair. She finally realized that she was in a pool of her own sweat.

The butler handed her a cup and she snatched it from him before he could say anything, drinking it greedily. She felt relieved as the cold water went down her throat. He refilled it when it was empty but this time Diaspro didn't drink it, she kept it on her lap and turned her small body towards him, asking him again but with a clearer voice.

"What happened?"

"It seems that the most recent memory fragment was damaged, you will not be able to see the continuation of it," the butler took a wet towel and wiped the sweat off her face.

"Let me start from the very beginning," he put the towel down and placed his hand behind his back. "I was sent from the reaper's department, to assist you in this life. I go by number 0547 but the young princess can call me whatever she wants-"

"Seven," Diaspro said. "I'll call you seven," she clarified.

"Very well then," the butler smiled at her.