I frowned as he stayed exactly where he was.

" you okay darling" mom asked as she brought me in for a hug.

"yeah," I mumbled. As I wrapped my around her.

Drew and his partner entered the room.

" Okay, so this is what we have so far. Miss Madison Willow broke into your apartment last night, we have CCTV from the street and your apartment. She is Nathaniel's previous ex-girlfriend and she has been admitted to Sires mental hospital in the past. We also have evidence of her sneaking around Nate's house and also she has been following Loretta at the Nevada and back to her apartment complex over the last few days"

I breathed harshly as the information kept adding. Nate refused to look at me, he was completely embarrassed I could see that clearly.

" She will most likely be sent back to a mental hospital to get help but with the vandalism, she will also be fined. I would also recommend that you both get a restraining order against her for the future, to protect you both. I believe that you were very lucky to not have been home when she did break-in"

I jumped up when Nate suddenly slammed his fist against the table.

" Nate" Drew exclaimed to Nate. 

" I should've made sure she stayed in there, she was not ready to come out back to the public yet and look where it's got us," Nate said glaring at his brother.

Drew glanced over at his partner. " clear the room" Drew ordered, he left no room for hesitation.

His partner helped escort everyone out but I stayed put, I wanted to stay.

" I would like to stay if Nate doesn't mind," I said pleading with him. I needed to talk to him.

He nodded. " actually I will leave too, I think you two need to talk and please calm down Nate this is a police station don't forget that." Nate didn't even acknowledge Drew as he left.

I turned to Nate as soon as Drew left.

I'm starting to understand more about why he reacted the way he did when we first met. I didn't for once stop and think about the real reason why he reacted that way to me.

I want him to know it isn't his fault and that I still want to go further with whatever is happening between me and Nate.

"Nate " I call out to him, but he doesn't reply he just keeps his head buried down ignoring me.

"Nate look at me," I ask again and finally he acknowledges me, his eyes connecting with mine. Only now do I realise his red tired eyes, strained from barely any sleep and work most likely.

"It's not your fault, " I say to reassure him but he shakes his head refusing to accept that. He didn't want to believe that. He fully believed it was all his fault and rested all the blame on himself.

"of course it is, I know you are trying to make me feel better but please don't I really don't deserve it"

"No " I answer back quickly. "Yes," he challenges me, not missing a beat.

I make my way over to him, I kneel down in front of him. "Listen Nate it's not your fault I chose to sing that day, I chose to meet you at your office, I chose to go on a date with you. It really isn't your fault that you have a crazy ex-girlfriend"

" I get that Loretta but you can't possibly tell me that her breaking into your home is not my fault. It's common sense"

I haven't known Nate for that long and I would be kidding myself I thought that I loved him or anything but what I did have was feelings for him. If Nate was thinking of ending whatever we have right now. I would be devastated.

" I am not going to keep arguing with you Nate, you can't keep controlling everything in life you have to let go sometimes and let things just happen," I said looking up at him, at this rate I was begging. He must be exhausted having to have control of everything in his life.

" let things happen"? He asked me shocked. " I can't let things just happen, I care about you Loretta I don't want you to get hurt, not again" he growls removing my arm from his leg.

I knocked back onto my ass and stared at Nate. He crossed the room shoving papers off the table.

" Nate you're angry I get it but this isn't helping anything. Please just calm down I will give you the time you need but please calm down" I said slowly standing up and adjusting my jumper. Nate kept facing the wall, his fingers clenching by his side.

I stared them for a few seconds, he wants to reach out to me but he is trying to stop himself. I am not frightened of Nate but you can never really know what a man is capable of when his temper is high. 

" Promise you'll try," I asked stepping behind him. I wanted to desperately wrap my arms around him but I was a little bit scared with how angry he already was. There was no way that I was going to understand Nate at this moment so I needed to give him space.

He spun on his heel his eyes blazing into mine. " I don't make promises I know I can't keep" with those last haunting words he stormed past me and left the room. Slamming it closed as he made his exit.

The door slammed shut immediately and I flinched back at the sharp sound it made. 

Drew came in immediately, he looked worried. " I'm sorry about my brother, sometimes his temper can get the best of him," he said coming to the defence of his brother. I shook my head.  

" you don't need to apologise, can we talk about this restraining contract," I asked him not really in the mood to continue discussing Nate with his brother.

The fact that Nate never mentioned his brother to me had me wondering if there were some issues between them. He wasn't as the event and I know that it could be due to work but I expected his family to say something as for the reason for Drew's absence. 

"of course, follow me" I followed after Drew out to the station. I quickly sent a message to Kyle warning her about Nate being very angry at the moment. 

Oh, Loretta, I am sorry, I hope that he didn't scare you, sometimes his temper gets the best of him.

She replied. I sent her a message back explaining how it was okay and I understand his temper. 

Filing the restraining order would be relatively easy, Drew reassured me that he would handle it for me and all I needed to do was come into the office next week to finalise it. 

As soon as I finished I booked an Uber to town. When I feel like I am under a lot of pressure I tend to look for books that I can read as a way of calming myself down and escaping for a while. 

In College, I wrote lifestyle blogs on a weekly basis and read a different book every week to further improve my writing. my ultimate dream was to write a book but with the hotel, it's not looking like that is going to happen anytime soon. 

Thanking my driver I stepped out the car, I rolled my eyes as it started to rain, it was standard English weather. I wasn't even surprised at how the weather could just drastically turn. I shielded my eyes and ran inside the nearest book store. 

When I stepped inside I pushed my hair back and walking to the best seller books on the left. 

This was the perfect distraction.