Photography

A/N: AU where there was no Sue. And a RDB and 3 Idiots crossover.

Karan was waiting outside at some bizarre street with a cigarette in his hand, waiting for his mentor to arrive when a cab pulled up beside him. "Is this Andre Istvan's house? I'm Faran Qureshi, joining as his new assistant..." Faran said.

"Nice to meet you. Myself Karan Singhania, mein bhi unhi ke liye wait kar raha hoon. I guess he was waiting for us for quite a while." Karan said, trying to hide his surprise and shock at seeing Faran. "Tum bhi assistant ho kya?" "Haan, I guess he was impressed with my work too... Nice meeting you" Karan said with a smile.

Thus the two men waited in comfortable silence for the old man, who was taking his own sweet time to collect his belongings and address them. "So... Karan Singhania and Faran Qureshi... impressive photography I must admit but try to keep time boys, it is very important" he said.

"Sorry sir, family problems so it took some time to settle things and actually arrive here." Karan said as he looked down. "And you, you waited for five years to send me your letter. What about that young man?" he asked. "Family pressure. Wanted me to pursue engineering but I swayed them in the end" Faran said.

"Ok. Now listen to me carefully. This training is going to last for 2 years. One year in the wildlife, another to learn still photography, lighting and all the technicalities of photography. You are stuck with me till the end. The final test will be an exhibition with all your photographs, old and new, displayed back at home. Now hurry up, no better time to start than now." he said and hopped onto the jeep, waiting for the other 2 to follow.

"Toh, apne baare mein bathaiye" Faran prompted. "Mein? I like capturing people and moments for most part par... wildlife mein thodi interest hai. Tum?" "Well... mostly wildlife par... Some moments are always worth the perfect pic. Family wagaira?" he asked.

"Dad businessman hai, wanted me to follow his footsteps par... I ended up here anyways. I'd actually received the letter to join him nearly a year ago par... there was some trouble so, abhi abhi aane ki mauka mila" Karan said with a wistful smile.

"Paanch saal pehle likha tha khat ko par... Abba ko toh mujhe engineer banane ka sapna tha. Toh paanch saal padai ki aur phir doston ke wajah se yeh mauka mila. Dad ko convince karne ke baad aaya hoon mein" Faran said.

And thus the two years passed, their friendship grew but there was only one thing that was always bothering them both. Their  friends.

"Karan yaar, tumhare dost ke baare mein kuch aur batha na?" Faran whined. "India waapas jaane ke baad. Anyways you'll meet them at the exhibition na?" Karan curtly replied. "Par uske liye toh abhi bhi do mahine hai. Picture toh dikhado" he asked.

"Tum tumhare friends ki picture dikha aur mein apna" Karan compromised and Faran went silent as he didn't want to show his incomplete photos and ruin his surprise.

"What is going to be the theme?" "Moments" "What pics are you going to pick?" "Surprise hai, exhibition ke samay mein dhikadoonga. Invites wagaira post karenge ya email" "I think email is the best option for now... post kiya toh paunchane mein dher hogi" Faran said contemplatively and Karan hummed.

"Exhibition ke liye ad posters mein humare pictures lagani hai kya?" he asked Karan. Karan seemed to ponder a bit before shaking his head. "Thoda gadbad hone ki chances hai... it is best if we don't." Karan said.

"Par kyon?" Faran asked curiously. "The area we are setting it up... its the best Faran. Trust me, you will understand when you see it." he said and Faran left it at that.

The two months of prep passed quickly and before they knew it, it was the day before the exhibition. "Darr lag raha hai kya?" Faran whispered. "Haan, thoda... first exhibition hai na, isi liye. Plus aane ke baad kisi se milne ki chance hi nahi mila toh... shaayad mujhe daant padenge uske liye" Karan said with a chuckle.

Rang De Basanti Drabblesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें