''Veritatem dicere.''

A yellow wisp emitted Jasmine's wand as did Sirius' and they met in the middle. The moment they connected it shot up above them and a question slowly wrote itself in the air. Jasmine grinned, relief overpowering her since her question has been chosen.

''What is your body count?'' James read out loud and a few beside him oohed.

Heads turned to Sirius as he blankly stared at the words. Jasmine became almost giddy as she saw him thinking so hard about it and he managed to open his mouth. She already thought he is actually going to answer.

''In what way do you mean that?'' His eyebrows were drawn together.

Either he really didn't understand the question or he didn't want to. The whole room was silent apart from some very low volume music playing in the background. Jasmine's eyes glinted as she successfully made Sirius ponder and doubt about the game.

''You know,'' She prompted, quirking up one eyebrow. ''how many girls have you...''

''Okay, okay, I get it.'' Sirius put his hands up to make her stop talking.

The whole room had their eyes again on Sirius as he now stared at the ground. After a few long moments, he looked up and clenched his jaw, his eyes glaring at Jasmine. He motioned for Peter who appeared right beside him. Sirius picked one of the shots and downed it very quickly. The crowd erupted into shouts as a few students clapped Jasmine on her back for a good round.

She pocketed her wand again and moved through the mass of people to the back of the room. Sirius left the playing space as well, with his head tilted downwards as he mixed in with the crowd.

''Well done,'' Remus commented as Jasmine joined him and Lily.

''Thank you.'' She replied with a smile before she glanced at a quiet redhead standing still.

Lily's face was expressionless as she kept looking forward. If one would look closer her eyes were glinting while watching something. Next turn of the game Robyn faced another student. It was quickly over and Robyn had to answer a very random question; who does she think was the best looking in the room. The opponent was a guy seemingly getting his hopes up. The answer was clear as she said, Sirius. Somewhere in the crowd Sirius perked up at hearing his name.

The circle around the game gradually started dispersing, but a lot still lingered around. They still played the game, with some more courageous students going twice or even three times. The music was louder again and some gathered to dance in the free space of the common room. While Lily was very intrigued with the game, stepping closer every few moments, Jasmine observed the careless looking students jumping around to the upbeat music.

It was no way of knowing but nearly every student felt the alcohol within them. Robyn stole a shot from the tray that was meant for Truth or shot and drank it. Then she swayed her way towards Jasmine, taking a hold of her arms and guided her to the dance floor. Jasmine did not oppose to the idea even the slightest and very quickly they fell into their usual dance moves.

Jasmine smiled and reminisced back to a few nights when Robyn would turn her small radio on full volume and she, Jasmine and Sophie would jump and dance around the dorm. Those nights were filled with laughter and happy memories. Jasmine did a twirl her eyes scanning the room. She lingered briefly on Remus, who still didn't move from the spot at the back of the room.

Once he noticed her watching him, she waved him over to the dance floor. He shook his head to which she responded with nodding excessively. Since he didn't budge her next move was pretty bold. She stepped to him in the rhythm of the music and didn't hesitate to pull his arm. Her strong grip was fighting with his refusal. His sigh couldn't be heard due to the music, she only felt him give in as he followed her to the dance floor.

She turned around with a grin, already moving to the music trying to encourage him as well. A small smile slowly appeared on his face as he watched the girl in front of him dance without a care in the world. Soon he joined in as well. They kept going at it, not noticing they slowly inched closer by every minute. Remus was just about to grab her hands with the means to twirl her around when a shout intercepted through the room.

''Yes! Evans!''

Remus and Jasmine snapped their heads back to where people were playing the game. Their dancing stopped completely when they saw James and Lily facing one another, their wands raised. One truth charm later a question appeared. It made James smile proudly and Lily's face was washed with fear for just a moment. Determination replaced that as her eyes skimmed over the question.

What do most people think is true about you, but isn't?

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹