the "what if" world (part three)

You walked out of the office and stood on the sidewalk, sighing out deeply.

Maybe this was something to think about. Staying in the hunter business forever? What if Chuck is really trying to get you to look at the other side of things. What your life would look like if you did indeed settle down, had a family. The sad thing was, not seeing Sam or Dean anymore. If you were done with hunting, you wanted to be done for sure. What if the normal life was something to consider?

You felt in your pockets and took out your cell phone. You scrolled eagerly down your contacts and witnessed there was no Sam or Dean.

"Of course you would, Chuck." You grunted. You shoved it back in and headed towards your soccer mom mini van.

Almost to your house which you got lost multiple times, you pulled up into the driveway. You put the car in park and leaned back on the seat, thinking to yourself. What the hell were you going to do? You glanced over at your home and stepped out of the car.

Suddenly out of nowhere, your two boys ran out of the house and full speed towards you. Almost knocking you down, you felt their warm embrace cover your whole body and over lapping chatters were filling the driveway.

"Mom! You're home! We missed you!" Sam squealed as he once again grabbed your leg.

You smiled down upon them, "I missed you too, buddy. Hey." You smiled heavily to Dean who just stood there as Sam was covering you with affection.

"Hey, mom. How was the session?" He asked, genuinely wondering.

"It was good, Dean. Yeah, thanks." You lied, sighing out because of how stressed you were. "I'm sorry about this morning boys, your mom was just exhausted." You told the boys, not wanting them to worry about you, their mom.

"Dad is inside." Dean informed you, grabbing your purse to help you.

"Okay." You nodded as you grabbed Sam's little hand and led him back inside the home.

As Sam and Dean ran into the house and went their separate ways, you followed behind them and glanced around the living room.

"Honey?" Your voice echoed. You had to admit, it was a little odd but if you really wanted to see if you would like this life better, you had to pretend really well.

"Hey, baby." Your husband came from out of the kitchen to the living room. You stood there, actually happy to see him this time. You walked over to him and kissed him on the lips passionately. He cupped your cheek as you let go. Honestly, you had no idea where that came from.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled, "I don't know what was happening to me this morning." You apologized in a sincere way. Deep down, you felt horrible scaring your husband and kids like that.

"I'm guessing the session went well?" Your husband smiled, grabbing your hand. He led you to the couch.

"Um, yeah. Wasn't what I expected but, yeah." You sighed out, nodding.

"Good, good." Your husband nodded also, "What if we just order pizza tonight? I meant to make dinner but I was so caught up at work." He kissed you on the forehead.

"Sounds good." You smiled sweetly to him.

Your husband headed into the kitchen and grabbed the home phone and dialed it. You say back on the couch and out of nowhere again, your two boys Sam and Dean were running amok in the house.

"Mom! He locked me in the bathroom!" Sam pointed to Dean in a whining sense, who was chuckling mischievously.

"What?" You couldn't help but chuckle. Back when Sam and Dean were this age, Dean would always lock Sam in the bathroom and you would always hear them fighting about it. You chuckle once again.