Part Eight | Do Your Best Iida 1.5

Start from the beginning

“I guess he doesn’t...” Izuku replied with a shaky smile. “Kacchan hasn’t really changed since we were kids...” Midoriya sheepishly rubbed his neck but the conversation was cut short at the shrill sound of a blown whistle.

Grumbling at the sound, you turn to the source to find Iida blowing said whistle to gain everyone’s attention.

“Class 1A, our bus is here! Line up based on your student number and enter in single file!”

‘He reeallly needs to lighten up...’ you think, giving the straight laced rep a flat look as you walked to the bus. Unfortunately for him, the bus layout put a swift end to his seating strategy.

You ended up sitting near the back with, unfortunately, Todoroki. It wasn’t the only free seat on the bus but it was down to either sitting beside IcyHot or the angry Chihuahua.

‘Just ignore him. At least you can maybe get some peace and quiet.’

Sinking into your seat, your neck craned against the head rest as Todoroki sat silently at the window. He was wordlessly watching the scenery go by and you fished your earbuds out of your bag along with your phone, intent on just blocking everything out before feeling a tap on the back of your gloved hand.

‘You've got to be fucking kidding me...’ your grip on your phone tightened and you just barely turned your stare his way.

“Can I help you?” you spit out. It was taking a lot of effort to keep yourself even remotely civil. Despite what Eraser said earlier, you couldn't get over the stunt Todoroki pulled during the battle training.

“With what Aizawa told you before...Did the battle training really bother you that much?” Shouto asks, expressionless as ever and you furiously grit your teeth.

“Seriously? You’re asking that now?” you snarl. “Last I checked, it didn’t seem like you gave a shit about anyone but yourself so why the hell do you care?” you saw his eyes narrow ever so slightly before that bland expression returned.

“I don't.” Todoroki replied and at this point, you were seconds away from sapping his energy for a week and knocking him out.

‘This fucking...’What?” you sneered, turning to appraise the dual quirk teen with a harsh glower.

“We aren’t here to make friends, we’re here to be heroes so no, I don’t care L/n.” Shouto eyed you for a beat before turning back to watching his surroundings. “I just couldn’t understand why you were upset. As far as I am concerned, everyone here is a potential hindrance to me surpassing All Might. That’s all.”

“You...You actual a-” you found yourself cut off thanks to the loud conversation that overtook the bus.

“If there’s any of our classmates who have pro quirks, it's Todoroki, L/n and Bakugou.” snarling, you turned your gaze away from Todoroki as he leaned back in his seat to nap or whatever while Bakugou tuned into the conversation.

“Sure but Bakugou is always angry so he'll never be that popular.” Tsuyu states and Izuku yelped in his seat as he caught sight  of the angry expression the blond was sporting.

“What did you say, frog face? I’ll kick your ass!” the explosive Chihuahua roared while you wordlessly scowled in your seat.

“You know we basically just met you, so it’s kind of telling that we all know your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage.” Kaminari teased, only serving to piss the blond off further and Katsuki made sure to let Denki have it.

“You wanna die!? I’ll make sure you regret the day you applied to this school, you loser!” Bakugou threatened as Izuku curled up his seat, holding his head. Shoving your earbuds in, you angrily threw on some music as the raucous conversation continued.