Prologue

Sayonara My Friend: Prologue
by RavenYuki

***

18:40

It was already dark. A dog could be heard howling somewhere in the neighbourhood. The lone-working lamp post that was standing on the street flickered in just a bit before it went steady, creating a shed of light.

From the narrow corner of the street appeared a young boy who was holding a small plastic of groceries on his left hand while strutting in the melody of a rock music that was playing through his ipod. He was wearing a branded hoody, a jean short, and a pair of slippers.

While walking along the dim lighted street, he noticed something on that little crack on the road that he paused for a while and squinted his eyes to focus on that thing. After figuring that out, his eyes seemed to grin together with his lips upon finding a ten peso coin that was perfectly facing at him as if it was destined to be his.

Without further ado, he bent down and picked that coin from the slit on the ground without brushing that full smile on his face. He looked very happy at his found mine that he even kissed that coin before dropping it into his pocket.

He resumed on walking after that and strangely, he heard a clanking sound from somewhere near him.

He didn't bother at first but when he realized that the sound was not disappearing... he started to feel nervous and tried to keep his strides on a fast pace.

He stopped for a while in front of the flickering lamp post to scan the surroundings around him. There was nobody on that street except from him, but when he happened to look up at the house behind him...

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!"

Loud scream followed, and then he ran away without glancing back into that house.

And this is the cue where the real story begins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xxi--

All Rights Reserved © RavenYuki