"What?"

"Did you just say the s word?"

"You mean sex?"

He gasps, "No!"

"What's wrong with me saying sex?"

"No!" He shouted louder than ever. "You're my younger sister. You're not supposed to say that word." His face cringes, "At least not to me. Doesn't mom talk to you about this stuff?"

"You mean sex?"

"Yes!" Brody closes his eyes. He seems to really dislike it when I mention sex.

"I mean, she subtly does. She offered me a condom."

"What! That's all?"

"Yeah. Penis in the vagina without protection equals pregnancy, sexually transmitted, or both. I mean, what else is there to talk about?"

"That's all you two talked about?"

"Well, STD is also transmitted orally. But, I knew all those things before she tried to talk to me. So, I told her I knew everything, and she offered a condom because she thought I would have a hard time getting it."

"So, she didn't have to explain anything to you?"

I stared at him. Don't tell me. "Did dad talk to you about everything?"

He didn't respond.

Wait another second. "Did you not know anything until dad gives you the talk?"

His eyes widen, "It's time to go home," he said. Quickly, he starts the engine and swerves us back on the road.

"Are you serious? It's basic human anatomy."

"I didn't know until the talk, okay? I just thought girls smell nice." He looks at me. "Except you."

"Wow," I mouthed. "That's a surprise considering you sneak girls in every night."

"You're exaggerating."

I banged my fist against the car door. He looks at me. I banged it repeatedly. "Did I also imagine that sound at night? You know your bed is parallel to mine, right?"

"I didn't bring in any girls...or at least that much."

My face cringes, "You're-"

"No!" He exhales sharply. "I-"

I stared at him.

"I like to jump on my bed when I'm excited. And at night, my energy level elevates, and I jump on my bed frequently, okay?"

I stared at him. I never knew my cool older brother had such an embarrassing secret. "Me too."

His eyes widened, "Really?"

"No."

"Fuck. Just forget what I said."

"I wish I can," I mumbled. The image of my enormous brother jumping on his small twin size bed leap into my mind. It doesn't look right.

"You're imaging it."

"No, I'm not."

"Then, stop looking at me with that disgusting face."

"This is me in my natural habitat."

He pushes my face back, "Just stop."

"Does mom and dad know about your elevated energy?"

"Yeah. How else would I sneak in girls and have se-"

Silently, we agree it's best to drop the subject. I played with the radio, and he smacked my hand. He hates it when I mess with his music. "So, what's going to happen now?"

"With?"

"Victoria."

"I'll talk to her when her heel isn't in her mouth."

"Sex is that great, huh." And we're back.

He glared at me.

I place two hands in the air as an act of surrender. Then, the thought arrives. "Can I ask you something?"

"As long as it's not about the s word."

"Do you like Krista?" Silence. I know it's a bit too forward of me to ask, but I want to know the answer. Particularly with how Brady had been looking at Krista since Frances Weber's extravagant appearance. "Are you not dating Krista because of me?"

 "Are you not dating Krista because of me?"