{ 8 }

Athena clawed at her throat, something was blocking her airway but she didn't know what

Students crowded her, phones out, recording every single thing.

'I hate it here.' she thought.

Suddenly she started to violently cough, soon she coughed up blood. And there was a lot of it.

The blood stained the gray concrete, covering it in a deep red color. Athena's hand grasped at her shirt, wanting to get the tiniest breath of air but she couldn't.

Her coughing got more and more brutal and the blood didn't stop coming. Soon she belched up blue rose petals.

Gasps erupted from the crowd, some knowing what this meant. And it spread like wildfire.

"I cannot believe she has hanahaki."
"Who could've thought?"
"I wonder who she loves."
"Maybe someone should help her.."
"What a freak."

Athena couldn't understand what they were saying, as their words melted together like butter. Her airway was finally free and Athena's senses came back to her.

Blue rose petals and blood littered the concrete ground as athena stood up. She wiped the blood off of her mouth and grabbed her messenger bag that was on the ground.

Pushing her way past the crowd, to the girls bathroom.

{ }

Athena panted as she placed both of her hands on the edge of the white sink. She looked into the mirror and saw blood dripping from her mouth.

She turned on the tap and splashed her face with water multiple times. Finally she turned off the water and caught her breath.

Blue rose petals and blood cascaded her clothes. The blood finally making her feel sick to her stomach.

"What's happening to me?"