"you had good intentions but eunbi doesn't know that, don't you want to come over and apologize? also despite having your differences, she makes the effort to help you with studying"

moon bin sighs and faces eunbi, who avoids meeting gazes with him. eunbi bites her inner cheek, conscience-stricken by her impulsive action. it's right that she didn't let him in straight away but it wasn't right for her to shut the door after he didn't force himself in when she opened it. he even brought yewon's notes to her since the girl had urgent matters to attend to. "i'm sorry." moon bin starts, making eunbi look back at him. his words set her thinking at first and when eunbi realized what he is pertaining to, she cringed and averts his gaze. moon bin looks down, taking that as a sign of rejection. he feels awful.

"i'm sorry, you were turning around and i panicked. i'm not giving you excuses, just saying i had pure intentions but the wrong execution. i'm sorry, eunbi." moon bin said with an apologetic tone, twiddling his thumbs. eunbi saw it and snorted, trying to remove tension between them. "what the hell are you twiddling your thumbs for?" moon bin smiles and looks at her again, he used to hate it but he is glad to see that little rise in the corner of her mouth. "i'm about to apologize, should i twiddle my thumbs too?" eunbi says, trying to keep her cool. are they actually getting along? i don't know how to feel about this, however i don't feel the need to stop.

"apologize for what?" moon bin knew, but he wants to hear it coming from her. he puts his chin above his fist, his anticipation growing. eunbi rolls her eyes and holds back another smile. "for having a dog. happy?" eunbi raises a brow, allowing a faint smile to touch her lips. her answer did not satisfy him, nevertheless, moon bin claps his hands together "it brims my soul with joy" he says sarcastically with a fake large smile on his lips, then they both break into laughter. it was short-lived, but for a moment moon bin didn't mind looking ridiculous and eunbi didn't dislike someone who acted ridiculous.

it was short-lived, but it meant a lot. especially when it's cut off by eunbi's mom smirking playfully at her daughter through the small gap behind her door. "mom!"

-

"so sweetie, how was the meal?" eunbi's mom, mrs. hwang, gently blots her lips with a napkin after she takes a bite of the food. eunbi dislikes how her own blood looks at moon bin in an endearing way. she doesn't get it, aren't they both strangers? why is her mom so sweet and welcoming? her mom's change of behavior had her shaking her head. eunbi puts a food in her mouth before she loses her appetite. moon bin, the one who is actually asked the question, swallowed the food first and then politely smiles. "it's very delicious, ma'am" earning a hearty laugh from eunbi's mom.

"you're such a sweetheart, son" mrs. hwang smiles widely and moon bin grins. eunbi, who haven't seen moon bin grin, is too concerned with what her ears just heard. did she hear it correctly? "son?!" eunbi blurts out, wide-eyed. mrs. hwang tilts her head, looking skeptically at eunbi. "hwang eunbi, did i teach you to have no manners?" now she's not sweet when i'm the one she's talking to. eunbi pouts and bows, apologizing. she caught moon bin minding his own business and just quietly eats beside her, ugh, her mom shouldn't have put them together in a table. how could he just ignore her?

"may i ask why you call this.." eunbi gestures to moon bin, disgusted. "..a son?" she can't bring herself to say it but she has to. this cannot happen. eunbi will not allow it.

"may i ask why you're pretending he is not your boyfriend? i know he brings you home safely" mrs. hwang retorts and both of them almost choked on their food. ah damn, she knows? moon bin and eunbi grabbed the same glass of water, suddenly feeling a thirst in their throat. they both glared at each other, competing for the glass. it's cut off again by mrs. hwang's giggle and moon bin gets to drink while eunbi storms off and helps herself in the kitchen. she comes back with a frown on her face, setting the glass down on the table with a thump as she glares at moon bin. moon bin slowly sets his own water down, glaring back at her.