2

- And who would that be, huh? I don't remember hearing your voice before. I'd like to think I'd remember hearing a voice that pleasant, especially when it belongs to someone who is apparently close to 5-0. - after that, Kono stared at Kelani as if pleading with her to stop talking, with a look that said "you are a CIA agent, not a hostage negotiator!"

- Special Agent Kalakaua. I also don't remember hearing about a Hawaiian hacker kidnapping teenage girls, but here we are. - Kelani spat, as a snake would venom.

- Oh, don't be like that, agent Kalakaua. Business is business. Now, I suppose you are related to dear Kono, aren't you? - He laughed as if he hadn't been in the least bit affected by her words.

- Kono is my older sister. - And as if on cue, Kono ripped the phone from my hands.

- Forget it! That trade is not happening. You can't have Kelani.

- Kono! I had no idea you had a spy for a younger sister! However, you should really rethink that position of yours. Would you rather I keep Grover's little girl with me? I have to say, the poor thing looks terrified, and I find it aggravating. I might just end up shooting her, anyway. I'm terribly bored. Who do you think has a better chance of amusing me? This little girl, or Kelani? Are you willing to take this kid's odds, Kono?

Kono looked at her sister with murderous eyes, while Chin and the others looked at her with eyes filled with worry.

- I'll meet Kelani at the Maui Ocean Center in half an hour. Only after I have her and we are both secure, I'll call to tell you where I've left the kid. See you then, Kelani. Oh, and Captain Grover? I wouldn't waste a second if I were you. Who knows what state I'll have left your daughter in. - after that ray of sunshine of a statement, Wright hung up.

Kono turned to her sister in a flash.

- WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?! GETTING YOURSELF INVOLVED IN A HOSTAGE SITUATION? OFFERING YOURSELF UP? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR GODDAMN -

She stopped after seeing a surprising lack of reaction to her words on her sister's face.

- We need to get the kid out of there, Kono. I remember you told me about this guy in a letter, and he's dangerous. He lulled her in easily, and I have no doubt that he could convince her to do something bad. He won't have that with me. We both know he's probably taking me for information, and the leverage he has grows if he has someone from the CIA held hostage. All I can do is buy you time. He's smart, chose a touristic location as a dropoff, and gave us a short deadline to stop us from preparing an ambush. Kon, he's too smart and unpredictable to be left with a teenager.

Kono gulped, then nodded. The words seemed to stick in her throat, and all she could do was hug her sister, and pull Chin into their group hug. He, on the other hand, had something to say.

- We can do this. Just try not to get yourself killed, cuz.