***************************

Thelma and Theresa got to the company. It was time to resume their work. Their vacation was over. Theresa frowned at the thought of seeing Alex. She had no choice. She would have to talk to him. That was the only way she could actually her plan.

"Good morning Mr Roger...umm...Sorry! Alex!" Thelma fretted as she walked into the elevator. Alex was inside.

He smiled at her and greeted, "Good morning, Thelma!"

Theresa rolled her eyes and walked in. Alex was at the middle of them. His gaze was on Thelma as she informed him of a meeting he would be having soon. Theresa peeled her eyes from her phone and glanced at Alex.

Does he really like Thelma? What does he see me as? A friend? If he sees me as a friend, then that's his problem. I will not back down from my plan.

She glanced at Thelma's red tinted cheeks. Thelma fiddled with her hands as she spoke to Alex. Occasionally she would giggle.

Theresa bit her lip and swallowed the lump that had developed in her throat.

They look happy together but there is nothing I can do. Dad would be disappointed if I betrayed him. He trusts me and I know he wants me to avenge him and get the company.

Alex's eyes met hers and she snapped her eyes to a different direction.

The elevator door slid open and Alex strolled out.

"Alex, wait!" Theresa voiced.

Thelma arched a brow at her but she ignored it.

"Yes?" his deep voice echoed.

"You need to sign the documents for the meeting!" Theresa replied. Her tone was calm with no emotions laced in it.

"Thelma!" Alex turned to her. "Could you inform the departments about the meeting? I will be at the office soon"

"Sure!" she glanced at Theresa and walked away.

"Okay? Where are the documents?" Alex asked, his eyes fixed on her. He stretched his palm and gestured for her to give it to him.

Her heart fluttered and she bit back a growl. It was infuriating that her heart had a mind of its own.

Her brows furrowed and she slammed the files on his palm.

"You are acting strange!" he pointed out.

She rolled her eyes and sneered, "Just sign the documents!"

"What happened to you? Who made you so angry?" he insisted.

She looked at his black eyes and hissed, "Stop acting concerned! Just sign!"

He glared at her and began to flip the pages of the files. He scribbled his signature with a scowl on his face.

"I'm done!" he stretched the documents to her. Theresa snatched it and gave him a tight smile.

He raised his brows, "Why are you acting so strange?"

"I'm not acting strange! Congrats on your new relationship with Thelma" she nodded and went back into the elevator.

His eyes were still on her and he blinked in confusion. As soon as the elevator door shut. A mischievous smirk crawled to her lips.

"Thanks for making things easy for me, Alex!" she snickered.

***************************

Three hours later, Thelma and Alex were in the conference room preparing for the meeting.