𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. a ruined mets jersey

Start from the beginning

The tour guide inside, lifts his hands calmly. "Okay guys, I know that was scary, but our safety systems are working." And he's nearly right. The real safety system is panting like a dog on a summer day, nearing the top of the monument in a regretfully tight red leotard.

"The safety systems are completely failing."

The tour guide even tries to smile. "We're very safe in here."

Karen seems to think otherwise. "The occupants are in imminent mortal danger."

Peter scoffs, hurling himself higher and higher, "ism going as fast as I can!" Pulling himself up with double strands of web, he's nearing the top.

Park rangers peel open the creaking metal doors to the elevator shaft, peeking down at the stagnant metal box of death. The guide inside, still confident in his advice, opens a hatch in the ceiling of the car, and looks out. He nods, looking towards the first student he sees fit. "Let's go, give me your hands."

And one of many escape.

"You now have 125 seconds until catastrophic failure."

Stunned, Peter's grips falters a little. "What! Why?!"

"Unexpected motion has caused the deterioration to escalate."

He huffs, scanning through the wall to see the visible figures slowly and shakily climbing one by one out of the elevator. After each other, a small aftershocks of instability sends the rest into shock, wondering which one would finally send the elevator crashing to the ground. "How do I get in there?" Peter questions.

"Activating reconnaissance drone."

On que, the spider emblem on Peter's suit detaches, and the spider-shaped robot flies up, over the monument. Peter gapes at the little buddy, "Woah... has that been there the whole time? That's awesome." He mumbles.

"Locating optimal entry point."

The small drone finds a window, a little narrow pane of thick glass near the point. One barely wide enough for a person to slip through, a small person at that. Someone the size of a fifteen year old boy, maybe.

"Proceed to southwest window."

Hustling around the monument, Peter pays no attention to the swarming crowd of people that had formed at the bottom. The spectacle of the red and blue web slinger so on edge was quite the one to see.

And like a sinner reaching heaven, Peter reaches the top of the monument. He turns onto his back and clings to the cracked stone, making the rookie mistake of looking down. "Ah! That's - wow!"

Taking a few more panicky breaths, he lets himself rest.

"What's wrong? You've reached the southwest window. Why are you hesitating?

He shakes his head, trying his best to ignore the queasiness in his stomach. "It's fine. It's just - I've just never been this high before." He whispers, shoving away a startled seagull off the window sill.

Karen responds calmly. "You have also not reinstalled your parachute, so a fall from this height would most likely be lethal."

"Perfect." He nods, before sending a hard foot into the window, only for it to bounce off. Peter furrows his brows tightly. "Wha - why is it not breaking?"

"It's a four-inch ballistic glass. You'll have to create more momentum.

Sighing, he only hesitates for a brief second before shooting a web against the monument wall and rappels down the strand until his feet lie flat against the glass. Leaping up, he swings against the window. The glass only cracks slightly.