a couple hours later, i hear my front door slam open as i cock my head over expecting to see my mom or dad, instead it's kermit, corey, and of course billie.

"the hell you guys doing here?" i question as the three of them step into my house.

"you clean for us?" corey drunkenly asks, admiring my three hours of work i spent cleaning.

"i had no idea you dumbasses were coming. why aren't you at coreys?" i ask.

"parents are home" corey answers, practically stumbling his way onto the couch next to me.

"and why couldn't you have gone to billies or kermits?" i ask as kermit makes his way to the pantry.

"you got good food" he answers simply, grabbing a bag of chips from the cabinet.

"also what if my parents were here?"

"no cars in the driveway, no parents" kermit says as corey nods.

got a point.

"ghost, down!" i shout as she jumps on billie.

"it's okay, i like dogs" she says, scratching his ears.

"good, glad your not one of those people who are scared of pitbulls because they have a bad rep or whatever" i tell her as she continues to scratch ghost. "he would never hurt anyone"

"get me ibuprofen" corey than groans as i get up from the couch.

"who the hell let him drink that much?" i say eyeing kermit.

"that's my fault?" kermits laughs, reaching into the bag for more chips.

"i cant tell what's worse, the smell of coreys house, or your house" kermit than says making me roll my eyes.

"weed is definitely worse than cigarettes, plus it's not even me whose the one smoking them" i argue as i look back at billie whose still playing with the dog. "anyways, how was the party?"

"fun as hell, you missed a good one" corey says.

"yeah, thanks" i reply lamely.

"woah, woah, woah, hold on, you think the smell of weed is worse than cigarettes? tatum you are fuckin dumb bro?" kermit snaps.

"gotta go with kermit on this one" billie replies.

"yeah of course you do" i mumble.

"it was just okay" billie than says quickly changing the subject back to the party. "i don't know, parties get less fun as i get older"

"also because you barley drink and don't smoke" i mumble again under my breath.

i'm being an asshole but i don't care.

"anyways, let's go in the basement, corey looks like he's about to pass out" i say, looking at corey who looks like he could already be asleep.

"i forget how dope your basement is, you should let us over more" kermit says, running his hands along the old pinball machine.