Belinda averted her gaze, knowing well she was wrong for not being clear with Fane. She had told him that she wanted nothing with him. Then, she was attacked and flirted with him. But once again, she had distanced herself from him when her father had told her he was their prime suspect.

"I'm aware of everything that has happened. Of the accusations made against my son. I know it's difficult to trust someone. My advice to you would be to tune out all these voices whispering into your ear and listen to your heart."

He handed her a small flower that seemed made of  shimmering glass. "What is this?"

"Elisa made it for you. Whenever you wish to return to the cabin, it will teleport you there."

Belinda thought for a moment before returning the flower to him. "I don't want to continue living this way. I'm not going to give them that pleasure anymore—maybe it's a foolish move, but living the rest of my life hiding in fear...that isn't living."

Half his lip lifted into a smile. "I'm happy to hear that. When I was poisoned, I fell into a coma. No one could truly point fingers at anyone...until now.
The one who poisoned me was the Fae King. He is dead, which means you have no reason to fear for your safety or those who you care for."

Her heart ached at the memory of the vampire telling her that she was naive for believing that she only had one enemy. "Part of me truly wants to believe that everything will stop with the death of the Fae King...But I fear...its far from over."

"I will not disagree with you, but remember whose child you are. We aren't the only ones with many enemies."

Her gaze dropped to the floor for a brief moment. He was correct. The slayers protected humans from the supernatural creatures. They killed many vampires, werewolf, sirens,etc. Many probably wanted revenge. "What exactly happened?"

" Fane and I confronted the Fae King. He wasted no time and attacked. Unfortunately, during the fight, Fane sensed you were in danger. A distraction he almost paid with his life."

Her heart ached as she met his gaze. "Where is he?"

"He is at the cabin. He refused to stay in the castle until he fully recovered." When he offered her the small glass flower again, she took it.

"What I don't understand is why vampires would act under orders of the Fae King."

"The fae have a gift that allows them to control anyone they desire...Its easy to corrupt a heart already filled with darkness."

Belinda stared at the flower in her hand. By the time she lifted her gaze, he was gone. Keisha came and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "I'm spending the night over at your house."

Belinda didn't hide her astonishment. "Does your mom know? I doubt she—"

"My mom is never home...I think after the attack on the police station and your home—"

"They were attacked as well?"

Keisha nodded. "Everyone is okay, though. Corina is staying at your house, so I think my mother knows well that I'm safer here than all alone at my house whilst she works at the hospital."

Belinda noticed a group of humans walking down the street. The dark haired male met her gaze as he ran a hand through his hair before smiling. She recognized them all from high school.