𝟬𝟭𝟲 a barbie dream house but all the dolls are kitchen knives

Start from the beginning

"All right. Let's do this," John B muttered under his breath as he stared at the house and tightened his grip around the steering wheel. He breathed out a sigh before he slid out of the van and rounded the corner, coming around to open the back door for the others.

JJ glanced at the group, his eyes lingering on Izzy, and he grinned. "Let's go get rich, guys."

"Hell, yeah," Kiara cheered.

A small laugh escaped Sarah's lips. "Let's go boys," she said as she hopped out of the passenger's seat and joined John B by the door. She placed her hand on his shoulder and gave it a squeeze as she shot him a wink.

"And girls," Kiara added.

The group nodded at her words and began to gather all their items. Pope grabbed the pulley while Kiara reached for the grappling hook. JJ grabbed the rope, hoisting it on his shoulder as he waited for the others to move. And Izzy, well, Izzy was anxious to just get the fuck out of the van and plant her feet on the soil. With that in mind, she attempted to step out of the van, but John B put his hands up and stopped her from following through with her actions.

"Wait, wait. I wanna' say thank you, guys," the Routledge boy began, a small, genuine smile tugging at his lips. He glanced at Sarah, and his smile grew. "Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're all here tonight."

Izzy felt herself smile, and she didn't have to force it. Maybe he wasn't that bad. She wondered if she had been wrong about him, because maybe he was exactly who Sarah said he was. Maybe he was better than all the boys who came before. Either way, she didn't feel so worried about her friend's relationship with the boy anymore. It could have been worse.

After a second, Kiara rolled her eyes and sighed. "Always," she mumbled, as a small smile lifted onto her face.

Pope nodded in agreement. "Of course, man."

JJ glanced at them and rolled his eyes. "All right, we done with the circle jerk?" he asked as he raised his brows. "Can we go do this?" He outstretched his hand, gesturing for the others to climb out of the van.

Izzy turned to him with her brows furrowed. "Circle jerk?" she questioned.

His eyes flicked to meet hers. "Yeah, like," he muttered as he gave a shrug, then motioned with his hand, jerking it back and forth above his crotch.

Izzy put her hand up before he could get carried away. "I didn't need a demonstration," she spat, giving him a disgusted look as she shook her head. "You're like vile. Like actually."

"Uh, okay? JJ . . . shut up," John B cut in, making JJ blink and shoot him a look. "Let's just do this."

"I'm with you on that," Pope said as he hopped out of the van. "Let's get that wheat in the water." He stood out of the way, gesturing with his hands for the girls to jump out of the van. Izzy jumped out first with Kiara following after her. Her heart was now completely steady. She could have kissed the ground . . . but she didn't because . . . gross.

"Weed?" JJ commented, glancing at Pope with a smug grin on his face as he stepped out of the van and slammed the door behind him. "I'm up for weed."

"Wheat," Pope corrected him, enunciating the word. "I said wheat."

"Oh, well that's gross. I prefer weed," JJ said. "Weed."

Izzy rolled her eyes at him, and turned around, finding Sarah already climbing the stone wall leading to the Crains' estate. Kiara sent Izzy a fleeting look before she followed Sarah's lead and pulled herself over the edge, dropping down on the other side. John B climbed over the wall next, with Pope following shortly after him, which left Izzy and JJ the last ones on the other side. For some reason that made an odd feeling spread throughout her chest.