Part Seven | Do Your Best Iida

Start from the beginning

"Where the hell does he get the energy..." I frown, muffling a yawn with my gloved hand as the fiery blond's tangent continued.

"Alright, settle down. It's too damn early for this..." Aizawa orders as he enters the class and the room goes silent. "Better." he mumbles before closing the door behind him. Taking in his trademark disheveled look, I smirk slightly.

'Well doesn't he look ready to tackle the day...' I almost snort at my own joke but smother the urge in favor of paying attention to whatever lecture Eraserhead had planned.

“Decent work on yesterday's combat training you guys." he complimented and I was surprised for a moment before my mood soured.

'Decent, he says. Yeah right.'

"I saw all of the video feeds and went over each of your teams results. However..." Aizawa paused before focusing on a certain blond Chihuahua. "Bakugou." he calls and the explosive blond in question clicked his tongue with folded arms.

"You're talented so don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

My brows crinkled as I glanced at the offput blond.

'Sulk?' I think back to his behavior yesterday. Sure, he was quiet when we were all doing reviews in the observation room but I wouldn't call that sulking. 'I wonder if something else happened yesterday...'

"Yeah, whatever..." Bakugou muttered under his breath. He was probably still pissed about his loss to Midoriya.

"L/n." Aizawa's voice cut through the silence of the class and I tensed. I kept my gaze on him even as I felt the stare of some of the others digging into me.

"Yes, sir?" I ask, trying my damndest to keep any bitter undertones out of my voice and Eraser's eyes narrowed at me but he didn't speak up about it.

"You've got talent as well but don't let that blind you. You'll have more than enough opportunity to display your skills here. You have three years, after all."

I stare at him, taken aback before I give a terse nod.

"Right..." glancing at my gloves, I flex my fingers before squeezing them into fists. 'He is right...I have time but it...It was just so frustrating...'

"Midoriya."

Looking up, I spot Izuku slouching a little with a tense look on his face.

"I see the only way you won your match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder and don't give me the excuse that you don't have any control over your quirk. That line's getting old." Shota scolded although his tone wasn't as harsh as I expected it'd be. "You can't keep breaking your body while training here, but your quirk would be really useful if you could get a handle on it. So show a little urgency, huh?" Somehow, that seemed to light a fire under Izuku and he nodded with a determined smile on his face.

"Right!"

"Good. Now with that out of the way, let's get down to business. Your first task will decide your future." Shota states and, judging from the look I see from the others, they're as concerned about this as I am.

'If this is another quirk test, I think I'll actually scream...'

"You all need to pick a class representative."